Windows 8 ***SOLVED*** Here's another one against Microsoft

Honestly that would not phase me from microsoft I mean if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry about. It's not like they can just ask microsoft hey give me the keys we need to snoop around this guys account....No microsoft would not let that happen without a warrant. If they send a warrant that means they have reason to believe that you are hiding something from an investigation. So honestly don't do anything wrong and your good.

True enough, but those are for the real paranoid people or the people who actually have something to hide from the authorities but overall it's not much to worry about for the average user.

Late here, I know:

I've always had the point of view that, if the Police or anyone wants to listen to my phone calls, just go ahead. They will be bored in a few hours because nothing happens! They can do the same with my e-mails, or my posts in this Forum. I do use some keywords the NSA hunts, and so on but, like a musician sang, can't remember his name, "It's hard to find a needle in a haystack, since the hay is in the way of the view".

Privacy is another matter. That I defend, and die with my boots on.

It seems to me to be safe to assume that most data is not 100% secure, or you would not have to encrypt the data in the first place. In fact, when you think about it, what is the definition of "secure"? I have refused to use BitLocker in the past because I do not want to end up locked out of the system myself. I do not see encryption as being a secure means of communication when it is broadcast over a wide area network with hundreds of millions of potential access points (i.e. The Internet). The approach that "I have nothing to hide, so search me" doesn't make any sense to me either. Ultimately, I would have to assume, that some common sense as to security practices are made when dealing with important information. There is information that no one wants everyone to know. But, at the same time, there is a balance between security and privacy. You cannot assume that something is 100% secure OR 100% private. This is because of the nature of the Internet. While there is nothing for most people to hide from the authorities, that should not give them a blank check to search all your stuff. My theory is that if you want to be fully secure from Internet monitoring by everyone, you should simply unplug your Internet connection. There is no way for even the greatest security expert to say, "This is 100% secure".

Back
Top Bottom