Windows 10 Something is wrong with the Win 10 TP ISO files ?

davidhk129

Laptop #1..... 32-bit. Win 8.1 Pro dual boot with Win 10 TP
Laptop #2..... 64-bit. Win 7 dual boot with Win 10 TP
There is something inherently wrong with the Win 10 TP iso non-Enterprise copies. Both 32-bit and 64-bit copies.
In both copies ( 32 and 64 bit ), sfc found corrupt files but unable to repair.
Dism did the repair successfully, but running sfc again will return the same result..... found corrupt files but unable to do repair. ( see screenshot )
Running sfc on Win 8.1 Pro and Win 7 returned result of..... no integrity violation.
It seems apparent that the Win 10 iso files contain something that causes negative result in system file check.
Will someone with Win 10 dual boot setup please do the same experiment and see if our findings match ?

Image 1.png

Hi

This looks just like the message I got when I ran SFC /scannow a few day ago.
I looked at the CBS.log after wards but I don't think I came to any conclusion about what the issue was.

Anyway I've forgotten what it said now, I should have saved it.

I did have the same thing in Windows 8 and tracked it down to something that was totally irrelevant to any real working of the computer, some kind of network setting if I remember correctly.

I decided to just ignore it in Windows 10 unless I actually see some problems.

Mike

PS. I'm running it again now, I'll post the image when it gets done.

Last edited:
My objective of thread is very simple......
Find out how many Win 10 TP (non-Enterprise) users have the same sfc corrupt files unable to repair message.
My speculation is..... all Win 10 TP users share the same result.
My assumption is .... MS has either given us an ISO that contains corrupt files, or the ISO contains something (code) that is incompatible with the operating systems we are using.
If MS did not fix this, the Final Release would have the same issue.

I have checked a clean install and an upgraded install. They both show the same files of which most are Font files and the log states they cannot be decompressed. I would chalk it up as a Preview situation and ignore it.

Hi

I have the same result in Windows 8 and I'm pretty sure that when I tracked it down it had something to do with fonts.
So I've just ignored it since then.

Mike

This could mean that the in-place files are not corrupt but the Windows Side-by-Side files are. I would need to look at the log (I'm actually doing the sfc now)

Admittedly, it is bugged. There seem to be some references to the new Start Menu and all of the fonts missing. I would say that sfc /scannow will not work reliably in the Technical Preview. Here is more information I found: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...echnical/2ecceb16-aef5-4d6d-983f-3379192ee708

I have also included a compressed copy of the CBS log for reference. If anyone is interested in cross-referencing this material, you will want to search from the 2014-10-20 start date on in this file.

Code:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.4.9841]
(c) 2014 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan.  This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
supported in offline servicing scenarios.

Attachments

• CBS.zip
    121.3 KB · Views: 286
As with so many interim builds, in the past, there are many left over items from previous OSs. I am sure that when rewriting, the programmers start with the original files and amend accordingly. When sfc scannow is run, it checks the files against the new Dbase and when it encounters files not listed ( yet) chalks them up as corrupt.
This is particularly prevalent in Windows X, which , I believe, was intended to be the cancelled Windows 8.1 update 2. If you doubt this, you will find references to Windows 8.1 in the Local group policy and registry.
My deduction only!

I find everything running pretty much as it should, so I do not see it as a bug.

FWIW. If anyone still has a copy of the Windows 8 Public preview, you will find the same occurrence there.

Yes, dave, it is looking for Windows 8 updates, etc.

The only time I run sfc is if I'm having an issue, if no issue, no need to run sfc, so don't care.

Back