Windows 7 Sony Vaio "FN" Keys

Hey kemical, i've been searching but with no results.... but, where is the site to download the drivers for the vista os?

Thanks dude for your effort, I have tried all the possible software from EU/US Sony site, Everything is working perfect except the buttons Eject, S1, S2 and Fn+ are seemed to be dead or not activated by software.:mad: :confused:

This is my laptop spec:

Vaio : Sony Europe : Specifications

Laptop Sony VAIO VGN-AR71S: features and prices sony vaio vgn-ar71s. - ShoppyDoo

my sincere thanks in advance and kind regards, ;)

Sam

Thankyou for the info'

If you check the drivers found here: Vaio : Sony Europe

Have you applied them all?
or

Failing that why not try contacting Sony? They have a section for it...

LOl... No.... what type of computer do you have? Can you list the make/model?

oops sorry, lol...

the model is VGN-FW340D (this is what it says on the laptop, on the box it has an extra 'w' at the end)
or u can see it here: Link Removed - Invalid URL

thx for helping me out

Hey guys...don't mean to butt in to the discussion...i had a similar issue....on my Vaio and FN keys...i got it working....and if I remember correctly...install "Sony Shared Utilities" first and then the " Sony Notebook Utilities".......i think it might prompt u to restart inbetween......I know for a fact that the above two were the very last two drivers I installed and got it running ok....

Also if I recall correctly u need to right click on the driver and run as "Admin" in "Vista Compatibility mode" (maynot be the exact wording but something to that effect)....hope it helps....somewhat..

best regards

Hey guys...don't mean to butt in to the discussion...i had a similar issue....on my Vaio and FN keys...i got it working....and if I remember correctly...install "Sony Shared Utilities" first and then the " Sony Notebook Utilities".......i think it might prompt u to restart inbetween......I know for a fact that the above two were the very last two drivers I installed and got it running ok....

Also if I recall correctly u need to right click on the driver and run as "Admin" in "Vista Compatibility mode" (maynot be the exact wording but something to that effect)....hope it helps....somewhat..

best regards

Great post! I hope this helps the users looking for solutions in this area..

I got it working now :)
Install exactly in this order:
Download all sony drivers for Vista
Instal Vaio event service
Reboot
Install Sony DLL Utils
Reboot
Install Sony shared Library
Reboot and it should work

i am a bit confused about that ... does the "download all sony drivers for vista"-point mean that i also install them all at once and install the Sony-programs afterwards or do i install the sony programs first and install all the drivers afterwards?

I have a VGN-FW285D running Windows 7 RC (Build 7100). I have NOT installed any of the Sony software yet, but I notice that the "extra" keys (S1 etc) do seem to work, but there is no visual feedback. On the other hand, the Fn keys in general DON'T work (exception so far is the FN2, i.e. mute). I've simply put this down to "f&^%ing SONY and ignored it.

I've simply put this down to "f&^%ing SONY and ignored it.

LOL!
grinning-smiley-018.gif

Yes,, Sony sucks. They used to have those key drivers in the Sony Restore disk, to where if you did not install sony's restore disk, they would not install. o way to d/l them, no other way to get them. But I do think this has changed, only now, you have to install things in a particualr order and they don't tell you that order. Sony sucks period.

Dear Kemical,

I Did already for few times:

Install exactly in this order:
Download all sony drivers for Vista and install,
Instal Vaio event service
Reboot
Install Sony DLL Utils
Reboot
Install Sony shared Library
Reboot and it should work

but still the button like eject, s1, s2, and Fn+ are not working...even though I download the necessary software from European and US sport site ( VGN-AR790U similar model from EU)....:confused: :mad:

I reinstall my pc with Windows 7 but 32 bit version, and it works perfectly even after installation of Event, and Shared Library files....

But not with 64 bit ...... why .......what is wrong ...with Vaio ..:redface: :confused:

I'm only running 32-bit Windows 7, but i couldn't get the VAIO Control Center to show the settings for the S1 and S2 buttons, as I wanted to configure S1 to launch Firefox instead of the screen brightness level. I managed to get this working by launching the VAIO Control Center as Administrative user.

This was after I installed the other VAIO/Sony software as described in this thread, and the order is important too!

Finally! i have been struggling with this since i downgraded to XP, and now on windows 7.. my entire brightness control was hone.. nto even through nvidia panel or whatever..
the FN keys are still not working.. but now i can use the slider from personalization to configure my brightness..

Thanks a lot

ps: working on: vgn-nr21s/s

Hi Floady,
welcome to the forum..:)

Glad the info helped you out..

Back
Top Bottom