Windows 7 Sound crackling, Then Lagging my Entire Computer

nicholsml

Hello,

Recently, my computer's sound has started crackling. It has become worse and more frequent as time has progressed, and I am finally starting a support thread to help me resolve this.

The sound crackling is either mild or absent when I first restart my computer, but if I leave my computer on for longer, as time goes by, the crackling gets worse, until the point where sound is unintelligible, and utterly lags my entire computer, forcing me to restart.

I have been making music on FL studio 10 recently, and its at this point nearly impossible, as the crackling is annoying and slows down the rate of the song, as it lags everything. I try playing a non-graphics intensive game, and it will get a FPS of about 2. If i restart, i can get a steady 32 FPS again.

Not sure where this problem derived from, as I have updated my audio drivers to the most recent update.

My computer has also grown much more sluggish and is beginning to worry me, as i have a 1GB Radeon HD 4670 Video card, and games dont run at all at the quality level that they used to be able to handle.

I cant help but feel that my computer is slowly dying on me... Should I be worried that my computer will give up on me and I might have a hard drive crash?

I really need to know if I should be worried and how to fix this issue. Its been bugging me for quite some time.

I am currently running windows 7 on a Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz processor.

I also had to start running my PC in windows 7 basic theme, as the Aero themes make my computer extrememly slow.

I dont think this should be normal, as my PC rating is 5.4.

Back
Top Bottom