Windows 7 Sound Driver Incompatibility - Compaq Presario V3000

SoLatte

I know there are multiple issues about sound drivers out there, but I just can't seem to find a working one. Note, that I have read through many threads regarding sound drivers corresponding to my laptop model on various forums, sadly no luck. More importantly the issue at hand,

I have recently done an upgrade from Vista to 7 on my HP Compaq Presario V3000 of mine. All drivers were reinstalled and worked perfectly expect the sound driver. There seems to be no compatible sound drivers for this model on windows 7 whatsoever. HP does not seem to provide any drivers for windows 7 for my laptop model after browsing through their website. I have tried countless versions of so called 'compatible sound drivers' and various methods but all have failed to work. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could guide me through this.

Msinfo32

Name High Definition Audio Device
Manufacturer Microsoft
Status Error
PNP Device ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5047&SUBSYS_103C30B2&REV_1000\4&166FA85F&0&0001
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\hdaudio.sys (6.1.7600.16385, 297.00 KB (304,128 bytes), 7/14/2009 8:51 AM)

Under device manager it states that the best audio driver has already been installed yet there is an exclamation mark present. I'll gladly provide you with any other information you need.

Thanks

I had this issue also, as I just installed Windows 7 32-bit to my girlfriends Compaq Presario V3000 yesterday, which was running Windows XP before. I noticed right away that it didnt have sound, and while clicking on the bottom speaker icon, it would give me a message saying that it couldnt install the driver for whatever reason, cant remember the exact message now. So I googled "windows 7 v3000 sound" and this thread was the first to pop up in the listings. I also tried recommendations from other threads, such as downloading the Vista driver from HP website, and running it on compatible mode, but none worked.

Eventually for whatever reason I decided to try and find the old XP driver through the C: drive. I went to Local Disk (C) > SwSetup > Audio. There I found "Setup", I clicked on it and followed the direction to upgrade it. I didnt think this would work, but I gave it a try anyway. Once it finished doint whatever it did, I noticed that the speaker icon didnt have the small red X next to it anymore. Sure enough, I have sound on this laptop again while on windows 7.

I am not sure what it did, but it worked for me. Please post back if this, or any another method worked for you. As I am sure others will have the same issue.

Good Luck

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom