Windows 8 Sound Problems with Windows Live Photo Gallery videos

sharmar

I have a new laptop (HP Pavilion g6) with Windows 8. When I transferred my photos and videos, there is no longer any sound coming from my videos through Live Photo Gallery. I had the same issue with my Windows Vista laptop and I loaded the k-lite codec pack. I did the same this afternoon, but I still don't have any sound. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi Sharmar,

will the videos play at all if you access them via a different route than the photo gallery? Just out of interest why didn't you pop the video's into the folder marked video's?

I'm not sure if this will help any but you could try this:

Link Removed

Thank you for your reply. My photo s/w automatically places all of my photos/videos in the same directory. Once I downloaded the Windows 8 codecs, the videos played with sound - thank you. I have older .avi files that will no longer display the video but will play the audio. Any other suggestions? Thanks again.

Oh, boy! I downloaded the s/w. Now, the videos that were working no longer work and the .avi files have no video nor sound. What should I do next?

Have you tried un-installing it? Failing that there should be a restore point you could go back to using system restore.

Solution
I'm back to where I was! My newer videos play with sound. Do you have any other suggestions for the older .avi files? Thank you!