Windows Vista Soundmax AD1980 driver installation...

joseph2625

I am using windows vista x64 Enterprise on my ASUS K8V(AD1980 on-board sound card) motherboard.

When I installed the OS, it automatically installed AC97VIA sound driver.

The problem is that the S/PDIF doesn't work at all(selecting the enable S/PDIF menu doesn't work).

I have tried to install Vista 64 bit driver, but all the install files(more than 30times) that i tried doesn't seem to contain smwdm.sys, so the installation failed..

Installing XP 64x driver didn't also seem to work out as well.. When I tried to install them manually(after setting bcdedit -set nointegritychecks yes)I kept saying that it's not compatible driver..

Any ideas..? It is very frustrating..

Network

I have an Asus K8V and have been working Vista x64 also. I don't use the S/PDIF so the AC97 driver is working fine for me, sorry I can't help. Have you been able to get networking going with yours, either with the Yukon or with a NIC? I've been working with MS now for a week trying to get mine online and I'm about to give up....they obviously don't really know yet but are trying.

Try this out
* Start->Run digit “devmgmt.mscâ€ÂÂ￾ (without quotes)
* Expand Network Devices
* Right click on lan interface
* Properties
* Tab Advanced
* Select IPv4 Checksum Offload and set it on disabled.

I am using windows vista x64 Enterprise on my ASUS K8V(AD1980 on-board sound card) motherboard.

When I installed the OS, it automatically installed AC97VIA sound driver.

The problem is that the S/PDIF doesn't work at all(selecting the enable S/PDIF menu doesn't work).

I have tried to install Vista 64 bit driver, but all the install files(more than 30times) that i tried doesn't seem to contain smwdm.sys, so the installation failed..

Installing XP 64x driver didn't also seem to work out as well.. When I tried to install them manually(after setting bcdedit -set nointegritychecks yes)I kept saying that it's not compatible driver..

Any ideas..? It is very frustrating..

abdasdsdsadsadsad

Back