SSD random 100% disk usage/freezes

Hey guys, I'm back here again for some help, seems like I have some sort of issue every few months.
I have a 500Gb Samsung 860 EVO, and randomly (2-10) times an hour it will be at 100% usage and my computer freezes (anywhere from 15 seconds to 2 minutes). When I say freezes, I mean I can still use it to an extent. If I'm using a program that already has the data loaded in, I can still use it. It just seems to not be able to pull any new information from the SSD. Nothing seems to be triggering it, and no information in the event viewer, it can even do this idol.

I was only able to take pictures of task manager with my phone, since I can't assess screenshots while it's acting up.

Screenshot[/URL] Screenshot Screenshot"/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="AMD 8300 8core GTX 1050 ti 16gb ddr3 ram Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 450W power supply"/SPOILER]

Without being able to see which process is using up the disk's bandwidth it's hard to say.

I'd start by booting into safe mode and run

chkdsk C: /R and sfc /scannow

Other than that download and run procexp and sort by disk read/write and screenshot that.

I've already tried sfc scannow and chdsk. My ssd is good, nothing bad about it.

Ill download process explorer, but when it freezes task manager says everything is at 0mb/s. Hopefully that will have some useful information.

Out out curiosity what motherboard are you using? Seems Samsung's software is reporting AHCI is disabled?

Out out curiosity what motherboard are you using? Seems Samsung's software is reporting AHCI is disabled?
I believe i have a MSI 970a motherboard.

Procexp will show more information than task manager does.
It froze again, I took pictures of process explorer. Sorry for the quality, but I have to take the pictures from my phone.

I was playing The Elder Scrolls at the time. Should I be concerned with 200+ processes running? I have most things disabled from startup. Also i noticed that google chrome has many processes going on, even though I only had one tab open, could this be a problem?

You'll want to add a few columns to see the read/writes.

Right click where the column headers are > "select columns...". Under the Process I/O add Read, Write, Delta Read, Delta Write, Read Bytes and Write Bytes. Click the Delta Read column to sort by that. 200+ processes is fine

You'll want to add a few columns to see the read/writes.

Right click where the column headers are > "select columns...". Under the Process I/O add Read, Write, Delta Read, Delta Write, Read Bytes and Write Bytes. Click the Delta Read column to sort by that. 200+ processes is fine

Lol yeah, most likely the process causing the issue is a system process and you need to click that to see those.

Also why is it freezing if there is so little read/write data?
My benchmark says it can handle way more read/write speeds than what it freezes up at?

Also I just now saw this, is this a problem?

Back