Windows 7 Standard user account

Peterr

Fantastic Member
Hello
I set up a standard user account on my desktop and it worked. I did the same thing with my laptop and when I try to enter a password in my standard user account on the laptop, it says the logon feature will not support it.
Is there something I am overlooking seeing that it works on the desktop?
Thank you

It will be helpful if you quote the exact error message and any error code if it gives one.

It will be helpful if you quote the exact error message and any error code if it gives one.

>>>I am sorry about that and should have known better.
The only words are,"User profile service has failed and the service cannot be loaded."
I Googled around and someone felt the chkdsk might help. I tried to run it from Computer>properties but it failed so I found a command promptr which made it work.
It was fine, as was sfc.

Fine - glad it's sorted, system file checker was ne of the things I 'd have suggested.

Fine - glad it's sorted, system file checker was ne of the things I 'd have suggested.

>All is corrected by using a system image; apparently a file became corrupted. In my search I found this to be not uncommon in Win 7 as far as the standard user accout goes. It does work on both machines now. I wanted you to know the way it worked out b/c I asked you for help.
Peter

Last edited:
Back