Windows 7 Standard VGA graphics adapter

Clint Garcia

hello there, i have some problem, i don't know what graphics driver should i install. please somebody help me, its a normal Nvidia video card 8-bit, direct draw,direct 3d acceleration is notavailable... os: windows 7.

main driver: vga
Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Hi,

try this, pop along to the site found here: Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers Click on option 2 and your driver will be found for you.

Or

Post the name of your machine and if possible it's specification and I'll find it for you...

specs.gifUntitled.gifUntitled1.gif

sir i need a driver that is for direct3D device

I'm afraid to say, from the looks of that picture --- you have no video card. Generic PnP Monitor, Standard VGA Graphics Adapter blah blah blah, pretty much you're using the graphics processor from your computer processor (ie: you have no external video card).[this is as far as I can tell, judging from your images].
And since you can't get drivers for your computer processor, don't bother searching for the drivers.

May I also point out that your system is rather old and in my opinion not really such a great computer.
511MB RAM, Pentium 4, 1.0 WEI --- that's an outdated system from what I can see. Get a better computer mate :)

He doesn't have an external graphics card...

He might not have a 'external' gpu as you put it but he certainly has a gpu somewhere otherwise there would be no graphics signal.

Check the dxdiag again, he has an nvidia chip and the last time i looked that was still considered a gpu.

Yes, but if you look at the attached pic:

you'll find that chip name is actually the card name, not the manufacturer.
His card is made by "standard display types", which I'm guessing will be an integrated chip, not an actual card... As far as NVIDIA drivers go, they only update software that's on the card, not on chips that are manufactured with the motherboard itself.

Also, if you look at the pic, the last 4 digits of the driver version are 3.623 - these last 4 digits give an indication of the driver being run (replace the decimal point with a 0, place a different decimal point on the second last place before the end [3.623 = 30623 = 306.23 etc])(this applies to the latest drivers as far as I know).

Looking at the last 4 (actually 5) digits of his driver version, 16385, I'm guessing his driver would be version 163.85 (assuming he has some sort of extra chip/card from NVIDIA).

If we search up driver version 163.85, *poof* it doesn't exist. So, unless some sort of information I gathered is wrong, there IS NO ACTUAL DRIVER for his "chip".

Please correct me if I'm wrong, thanks :)

Attachments

• dxdiag.JPG
    dxdiag.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 3,303
The number you see '6.1.7600 build 16385' actually refers to the build of windows he's using. This is because windows does carry copies of drivers for all basic gpu manufacturers (otherwise you wouldn't see anything at all when first connecting them up) and this number will obviously change once he installs the correct driver version. All it's really saying is that it's using a windows driver..

Nvidia does support onboard solutions. Take a look at this snip I took earlier:

nvidia drivers.JPG

Here you can see the chipset and onboard solution in one package.

You're card looks like it's a Geforce 2 MX400, which is 11 years old *shock*
No driver available for it.
Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
Under "Product Series", the lowest driver they support is the GeForce 6 Series - the Geforrce 6 Series were released in mid '04, so there's no chance a driver is still there for an '01 product.

Yup, your only gonna get that card to run with the windows driver. In fact I'm surprised you even got win 7 to run but hey there we go.. Time to splash some cash I'm afraid.

Yup, your only gonna get that card to run with the windows driver. In fact I'm surprised you even got win 7 to run but hey there we go.. Time to splash some cash I'm afraid.

thanks, i just forced my computer to be a windows 7, btw, what is the lowest video card could i buy for my computer to have direct 3d acceleration?

thanks, i just forced my computer to be a windows 7, btw, what is the lowest video card could i buy for my computer to have direct 3d acceleration?

Check out this article over at Toms Hardware:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

It's better if you just get a new computer. Intel Pentium 4 is a really old processor, and most people have at least 4GB RAM installed - you don't even have 1GB. If you buy a 660 Ti, 7850 or something like that, you'll just bottleneck your system - the processor and RAM won't be able to cope with the graphics card, and you'll pretty much be paying $500 to use $30 or $40 of the card.
Even if you wanted to upgrade your computer, your motherboard may or may not support the RAM, socket for the CPU etc. In fact, I don't think your computer even has PCIe slots to put the cards in.

hello admin I want to ask ? vga is appropriate for this , because I find wherever his address was not found . please i driver vga what is suitable ?​

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 823
  • ping.jpg
    ping.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,574
  • Ass.rar
    181 KB · Views: 356
Back
Top Bottom