Windows 7 Startup Repair is checking your system for problems...

sannesley

First off I'm running Widws 7 Home Premium as an upgrade from Windows Vista Home Premium.

I was using our main PC at home this evening when for no reason whatsoever it just shut down and went to restart itself.

When it tried to reboot Startup Repair started up instead.

It goes through a cycle of checking the system for problems and then reports that "Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically". The problem details reported are as follows:

Problem Event Name: StartRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: Unknown
Problem Signature 04: 21200765
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 7
Problem Signature 07: CorruptFile
OS version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

I reset the PC back to an earlier restore point and restarted the PC when prompted. This had no effect at all. The Startup Repair started up and started checking the system for problems again.

Running the CHKDSK command from the command promptstated that Windows found problems with teh file system. I ran CHKDSK with the /F prefix and it did detect a problem with the Master file table which it reported to have fixed.

I also ran a memory diagnostic to determine if the problem lay with faulty memory. It reported that the results of the test would be reported when the computer restarted. Snce the PC goes straight into startup repair I can't determine the outcome of the test.

Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
I think you have a damaged drive, try to load a bootable windows 7 disc to help to rule out a bad or damaged Windows 7 installation disk. try this Link Removed - Invalid URLor try system restore and restore it a few days back.

Back