Windows 7 Still getting BSOD at start up after so much effort

parishpete

Having had so much help from this forum already to kick BSOD's into touch by updating the vast majority of drivers and removing the dodgy hardware and software, my PC still refuses to behave.

The problem is still Kernel Event 41 caused by a bad shutdown or worse. They've occurred at start up on the 6th,7th,12th & 15th Oct.

I can't attach the most recent minidumps, event files and driver list as I appear to have reached my 10Mb upload limit.

any advice welcome, even that which includes the use of a large hammer!!

regards and thanks

Pete

Hello Pete,

1. Check if the Power Supply Unit is sufficient and in working order.

2. Ensure that the hardware is properly connected with recommended bios settings

3. Test the hardware with bootable media:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Forums

4. Do a clean install

5. Try what's outlined here:

Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try - Windows 7 Forums

6. Upgrade Bios if haven't done so yet

7. You can submit the dumps via an upload server such as rapidshare.com

Having had so much help from this forum already to kick BSOD's into touch by updating the vast majority of drivers and removing the dodgy hardware and software, my PC still refuses to behave.

The problem is still Kernel Event 41 caused by a bad shutdown or worse. They've occurred at start up on the 6th,7th,12th & 15th Oct.

I can't attach the most recent minidumps, event files and driver list as I appear to have reached my 10Mb upload limit.

any advice welcome, even that which includes the use of a large hammer!!

regards and thanks

Pete

Pete you could open up your file manager (for this site) and remove some of the files already uploaded. This will then of course allow you to then upload files/dumps to the site.

In answer to you both

Just found how to remove the attachments, deletion is well hidden!

latest file upload herewith

The PSU should be up to the task it was a Thermaltake TR2 550W built with the rest of the kit. outputs currently show: Vcore 0.96 other outputs 3.31, 4.97, 11.98 volts Are these two a tad low?

There are 3 fans inside, nothing above 31 deg at present. it's a huge 8 bay case. Overheating it ain't

Bios bang up to date from our last encounter.

I will wait until new backup drive arrives to offload my data before I do any real testing. better safe than sorry!

If I'm going to reinstall Win 7 I think it would be sensible to buy a new single 1TB disk and ditch RAID. do you agree?

regards

Pete

The RAM has now passed several tests
The drives have passed chkdsk/r two or three times
I've clean installed once already

At the end of the day it could all be down to a dry circuit board joint that I don't have a cat in hells chance of finding

regards

Pete

Attachments

• Seven Forums.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 365
lvpopflt lvpopflt.sys Fri May 11 19:35:49 2007
lvuvc lvuvc.sys Fri May 11 19:38:36 2007
LVUSBSta LVUSBSta.sys Fri May 11 19:40:49 2007

Update or delete the above Logitech Quickcam drivers:

Support + Downloads

Only LVUSBsta.sys remains, the other 2 haven't been present sice you originally told me to shot of them.

They're not in the list in my zipfile posted above.

as far as LVUSBsta.sys goes, I can't remove it. If I do and follow it with Cclean, it knocks out my sound entirely and only a sytem restore gets it back.

Best wishes

Pete

You'll have to figure a way to do something about that. It's in the crash dump, loading into memory, is from 2007 and is not for your audio at all, despite the consequences.

Suggest to rename it to .BAK then install the latest audio driver after a reboot. If you have Realtek HD Audio, install this:

Realtek

If a different type, install the audio driver from motherboard website instead.

Last edited:
Right, got rid of the little beggars!

The Logitech forum is full of woes over LVUSBsta and it's mates! I had to PM one the contributors for the full sp.

Im left with 3 similar entries for loading the drivers and windows won't let me delete them

I can't readily identify which regsitry folder they're in, but the lines read

%systempath%/system32/drivers/LVUSB etc.

Cclean hasn't picked them up

Is there a way to remove them

Regards

pete

They're all in C:\Windows\System32\drivers

Also remove the camera from the system entirely, if it's not built-in and a laptop.

The camera went to a charity shop last week!

I'd already deleted the drivers and most of the registry entries

The only remaining references are in the registry as posted above.

It's those entries that windows won't let me remove

can it be done in safe mode?

regards

Pete

Here's the easiest way to do everything you need.

First, delete those 3 drivers shown if not done yet.

Then install the trial version of Dameware NT Utilities found here:

Welcome to DameWare Development. Home of the DameWare NT Utilities & Mini Remote Control remote systems management software for Windows. Now Featuring Smart Card Login & Authentication

Run the DameWare NT Utilities software. Find your machine on the left side of the program. If you can't find it, add 127.0.0.1 to the Favorite Machines group.

Double click your machine or the 127.0.0.1 entry. Double click Services. Then double click Remove Service.

Click next. For each one you will delete, check the Include device drivers box.

In the service name dropdown, delete all the Logitech services. They may be a little difficult to find, and may have obscure names like the driver names themselves. You should be able to see which are Logitech though. Delete those all.

Reboot.

We see these drivers as loaded, which means they can still affect your system. Search for these drivers in C:\Windows\system32\drivers, find amd rename tem to .old or .bak:

lvpopflt lvpopflt.sys Fri May 11 19:35:49 2007
lvuvc lvuvc.sys Fri May 11 19:38:36 2007
LVUSBSta LVUSBSta.sys Fri May 11 19:40:49 2007

If no camera now, you can do a clean install and those old drivets will never be there. Or try Rivo uninstaller to get rid of old stuff you can't remove normally, it's very important to rid of old drivers!

The 3 cam drivers are definitly history. Driver list as of 5 mins aga attached.

The only remaining references that I referred to in my earlier post are

Hkeylocalmachine/software/microsoft/windows/setup/pnplockingfiles/%systempath%/system32/drivers/LVUSB

There is an entry for each of the three.

Using the software suggested by Torrent I can find no mention of Logitech quickcam anywhere. so only those references in the registry remain.

They can't be found by the software I have and they cant be deleted from the registry in normal mode.

Moving on in the original posts you kindly suggested that the drivers below should be updated.

Is there a definitive way of findinding new drivers?

My other PC has a 2009 set of the Brother drivers. I have no idea what device uses them.

Can I simply copy/paste them accross?

regards

Pete

BrFiltLo Brother USB Mass-Stora Kernel 06/08/2006 22:33:45 BrFiltUp Brother USB Mass-Stora Kernel 06/08/2006 22:33:45 Brserid Brother MFC Serial Por Kernel 06/08/2006 22:33:50 BrSerWdm Brother WDM Serial dri Kernel 06/08/2006 22:33:44 BrUsbMdm Brother MFC USB Fax On Kernel 06/08/2006 22:33:43 BrUsbSer Brother MFC USB Serial Kernel 09/08/2006 13:02:02 ebdrv Broadcom NetXtreme II Kernel 31/12/2008 16:06:23 iirsp iirsp Kernel 13/12/2005 21:48:01 Intel/ICP Raid Storport Driver nfrd960 nfrd960 Kernel 06/06/2006 22:12:15 IBM ServeRAID Controller SiSRaid2 SiSRaid2 Kernel 24/09/2008 19:19:45 SiSRaid4 SiSRaid4 Kernel 01/10/2008 22:52:22 SiS RAID Stor Miniport Driver Microsoft® Windows® Operating System ss_bus SAMSUNG Mobile USB Dev Kernel 02/05/2007 14:59:02 ss_mdfl SAMSUNG Mobile USB Mod Kernel 02/05/2007 15:01:02 ss_mdm SAMSUNG Mobile USB Mod Kernel 02/05/2007 15:01:06 StMp3Rec Player Recovery Device Kernel 04/01/2007 21:38:33 Generic MP3 Player Microsoft Corporation

Attachments

• Seven Forums.zip
    5 KB · Views: 224
The driver list means absolutely nothing. Only crash dumps do.

So you can post the dumps if/when they happen. If all drivers are now well, there is still a memory defect or incorrect bios setting.

Hope for the best I suppose and that none further happen, now that the old Logitech drivers are removed.

I'm happy that the BIOS is up to date and the settings spot on.

As far as memory goes we shall have to wait and see.

I have the updated .sys files for the remaining old ones. Problem is that there is no way of installing them other than trawling through device manager to find what device they relate to. It is possible that some relate to a passing piece of kit that doesn't belong to me.

Is there utility that seeks out and replaces old drivers?

Kind regards
and thanks once again

Pete

Am holding my breath. Replacement for Freeagent Pro 1TB has arrived. It's a Freeagent Xtreme 1.5TB.

Have not installed software - connect to ESATA and just let windows sort it out. There is no on/off switch so it comes and goes off with the PC (not very green!) but not likely to upset the OS.

On the face of it a good result. We shall see...

Best wishes

Pete

Well, no BSOD's since 15th Oct and the new drive is connected. so far so good.

Looking in the event logs I keep getting a daily ID 11 error against nvrd32.sys. "The driver detected a controller error on."

Googling it suggests that that statement is normally followed by a drive or CD ref, but I never get one.

I was getting them even without the external present.

I've got 2 HDD's (RAID), 2 DVD drives and a composite card reader/USB

Any ideas?

regards

Pete

Well, no BSOD's since 15th Oct and the new drive is connected. so far so good.

Looking in the event logs I keep getting a daily ID 11 error against nvrd32.sys. "The driver detected a controller error on."

This means a hardware problem with the raid controller itself, or with one of your SATA's, or could be due to poor cabling.

Nvrd32.sys is NForce RAID driver. Open up device manager and click on properties of your RAID controller to see if there's any yellow warnings. Get the latest nForce driver from Nvidia site.

Hmm. spoke too soon.

I powered the machine down and switched it right off to have a look at all the drive connectors in case that was causing the nrvd32 error in my last post.

replugged all the connections, powered up, logged on, plink, it rebooted and was then fine.

minidump attached for your kind assistance.

best wishes

Pete

Attachments

• Seven Forums.zip
    29.6 KB · Views: 230
Back
Top Bottom