Windows 7 Still missing some drivers

Hello there,

I just did a clean install of Windows 7 64-bit on my Asus U52f-bbg6 and still have some drivers missing from the Device Manager.

Below are the Hardware Ids for the drivers.

Network Controller Hardware Id:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0087&SUBSYS_13018086&REV_5F

PCI Simple Communications Controller Hardware Id:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_1FF71043&REV_06

Unknown Device Hardware Id:
ACPI\ATK0100

I tried downloading and installing the drivers straight from the Asus site with my model and version of Windows., but still have these drivers missing. Is it possible I'm just using the wrong drivers?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Windows 7 has a ok ability to install drivers on it's own but is still pretty lacking. Most likely you're installing the wrong driver. Open a command prompt and type wmic computersystem get model and that should give you your specific model number. There are also available PCI databases to ID components.

VEN_8086 = Intel

Windows 7 has a ok ability to install drivers on it's own but is still pretty lacking. Most likely you're installing the wrong driver. Open a command prompt and type wmic computersystem get model and that should give you your specific model number. There are also available PCI databases to ID components.

VEN_8086 = Intel

Hi and thanks for your reply. After identifying my laptop's specific model, I just typed my laptop model into google and went back to the same Asus support page for drivers and downloads. As mentioned before, I kind of just guessed which drivers I needed under each category. I tried downloading and install 3 different drivers under the "Wireless" category, but my WiFi still isn't working :(.

I was also unable to update straight from the Device Manager.

Well network controller could be wireless, wired or bluetooth. Simple communication device would be modem. The last one I believe is an utility driver.

Would you recommend me downloading and trying to install each one until I clear the error mark? I have tried reaching out to Asus support and they just assumed that my hardware wasn't working and recommended me to spend $510 to send it in for repairs. Although I'm pretty certain I just need to download the right drivers. I'm afraid of downloading and installing too many drivers and not sure if that can pose an issue.

There are unfortunately 25 drivers under the Utilities section, with only some that I know I can for sure eliminate.

No modem section, but here are all the categories it gives me:
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Driver & Tools - U52F

Thank you!!

Version V6.0.0.1179

Description Intel(R)_Management_Engine_Interface
File Size 6.01 MBytesupdate 2009/12/30
Download from Global

and

Version V1.0.0004

Description ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities
File Size 9.26 MBytesupdate 2010/05/19
Download from Global