Windows XP Still using XP

Glen

And i have no real urge to upgrade to vista, not after all the problems about drivers and software support I have heard for it

Anyone here still on XP aswell?

I'm on XP Media Center Edition 2005 on my custom built computer. The Vista Beta was able to run more or less, though no sound (Creative Labs Sound Blaster 24-bit Live!).

Thats true, many thing will most likely not work on Vista. But then again, the mfg may not always want to upgrade the driver. And if it was allow to run, the old driver on the new OS, it may lead to instability, so I think it is good the way they made it.

I'm also a XP user, i'm using Windows XP pro sp2, but now I installed VT7 to make it looks like Vista but in XP platform w/ fastaero for AeroGlass like borders, TopDesk for Flip3D and so on...
I'm planning to upgrade this PC and maybe I can install Vista Home Basic or Premium, but I will plan to install Vista Ultimate in my new computer(I'm just waiting for my new PC to deliver)

Right now I'm stuck on XP. My graphics card won't be able to handle Vista. I have a ATI 9600 All-in-Wonder and I really don't want to lose the TV tunner eather.

Also my audio editing will have to stay on XP because my new mixing board needs XP to run.

Snake said:
Right now I'm stuck on XP. My graphics card won't be able to handle Vista. I have a ATI 9600 All-in-Wonder and I really don't want to lose the TV tunner eather.

Also my audio editing will have to stay on XP because my new mixing board needs XP to run.

I have an ATI 9600 pro. 2gigs Ram. I do not play Internet games and am not greatly into media. Vista Ultimate is running without a hitch for me (now into about eight months of use.)

Snake: Well, you might want to try the XP tuner drivers. I have an NVIDIA NVTV tuner, and NVIDIA doesn't have Vista drivers. I put the XP drivers, and it works perfectly now on Vista. :)

Matt said:
Snake: Well, you might want to try the XP tuner drivers.  I have an NVIDIA NVTV tuner, and NVIDIA doesn't have Vista drivers.  I put the XP drivers, and it works perfectly now on Vista. :)

I said that?

I still mainly run iterations of XP.
I have Vista SP1 as a dual boot option on my laptop, but I rarely boot it.

Still on XP.
Didn't like Vista back in the betas and now. Still have a copy of the retail DVD but I'm not interested.

On my desktop, I'm using Vista exclusively. On my laptop, XP and Vista dual boot, but Vista is too slow on my laptop.

Anyway, why don't you like vista? I find it fine.

I have it on my media center, but I don't find any uses for it; what else can you do on Vista than on XP? Apart from play DX10 games [which don't look much different compared to DX9]. Eye candy I can have replica'd on XP. I just don't see any reason to install. Not many upgrades, and all the crap that comes with it. It's a release from Microsoft that I say hasn't been worked on, and just rushed.

I am on Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 on one of my desktops and have Windows XP Professional (as a dual-boot with Vista) on one of my laptops. My other desktop has Windows XP Professional as well.

I have an older desktop with XP MCE 05, which I'm selling, and the laptop I'm getting comes with XP Pro, which I will probs change to Vista, so no more XP. :D

Vista RTM Includes alot of drivers, I suggest you try it. You might like it more.. And dont believe the story's about Vista, there not true :)

Back