Windows 7 Strange and Annoying mouse setting(?)

needausername

I have a new computer and somewhere along the line while installing updates to windows 7 I think I accidentally configured my multi-window display settings in a terribly annoying way.

If I have one window open full screen and then open another window from the task bar half-screen to view it, it is only open as long as my pointer is directly on it. If I move the pointer off of the half-sized window it almost immediately minimizes. This makes it incredibly difficult to do work on multiple windows as the same time as they keep minimizing from the screen.

If there are no windows opened full screen then the half windows will lay one on top of the other like normal. However, if the mouse moves from one opened window to the next, whichever opened window the mouse is on will automatically come to the front.

Can someone help me turn this feature off, or remove it if it's a bug. It is unbelievably annoying.

Thanks

Maybe this is it. Go to: Control Panel - Appearance and Personalization - Folder Options.

Is it set to - Single-click to open an item (point to select)?
If so, set it to Double-click.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Stuey. Unfortunately, it was set to double-click. Also, it's not folders that are closing. It is all the programs I try to bring up on the screen. They keep minimizing as soon as I move the mouse off of them and go back to the task bar.

Back