Windows 7 Strange dotted box on desktop (Screenshot Included)

Yomaster

Hey everyone, I've had this issue for a while now, and I can't seem to get rid of it. There's a tiny dotted box that appears on my desktop everytime I exit/minimize an application. If I try to click it (either right or left), it disappears. It's not affecting anything functionally, but it is a little on the irritating side.

In the photo, it's circled in red. You can't miss it.

I've Googled this, and can't seem to find a way of getting rid of it. Any fixes?

Thanks!

Attachments

• DottedBox.jpg
    DottedBox.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 456
Hey everyone, I've had this issue for a while now, and I can't seem to get rid of it. There's a tiny dotted box that appears on my desktop everytime I exit/minimize an application. If I try to click it (either right or left), it disappears. It's not affecting anything functionally, but it is a little on the irritating side.

In the photo, it's circled in red. You can't miss it.

I've Googled this, and can't seem to find a way of getting rid of it. Any fixes?

Thanks!
Hello and welcome to the forum.
If as you have said clicking on it (right or left) results in it disappearing. Can you say if it occurs regardless of what image you are using as a desktop background? If you right click anywhere on your desktop (not on it) and choose refresh, does it also disappear? Can you advise as to your video card specs, Manufacturer Name, Model Name Model Number and which driver version you are currently using, version number and date?
Regards
Randy

Try right clicking on it and see if you can list its properties.
Sorry! That was stupid wasn't it - never noticed you said you had already both left and right clicked on it!

Sorry! That was stupid wasn't it - never noticed you said you had already both left and right clicked on it!
Nope. Not at all. I do it all the time. And at our age I think we get an automatic pass.
Kinda like when I have a conversation with my wife, I think we both hear what we want to hear and ignore the rest. Seems to work OK.

Back