Windows 7 Strange Map Behaviour - Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit

zwever

Hi to All
I have following problem when I open a map and try to locate there in something by
scrolling down or sideways. When I stop scrolling, maybe after 2 seconds, the contents
jumps automatically to the top or left position. I've looked under map options but did not
find any relevant solutions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi zwever

Not sure if this is the right forum for your enquiry - can you give a bit more info, which map software, is it google maps/multimap auto route etc and some more hardware details, graphics card etc.

Basher

Hi Basher
thanks your rapid reaction.Maybe because my English is not so good I might have confused you. I did not mean any mapsoftware like Google/Garmin
and the like. My problem is within Windos7, but maybe instead of saying Map I should say Folder or Directory ? Thanks for any further assistance.

Hi zwever

lol - that does make a differance, Folder is the new Directory :)

Can you do a screen capture and post it for me to look at?

Basher

Hi Basher
here the requested screen capture - hope this helps Folder.gif

I cant see whats wrong with display - is this showing the problem?

Hi Basher
I agree that the screen capture does not show you the problem. Therefor I would have to let you have a video to show you what happens. Let me try
to explain again the problem :

the screen capture shows my folder MP3 LEVEL, containing over 1.000 music files in alphabetical order. When I scrol in this folder, from left to right in
this case, and I stop scrolling at, for instance the songs commencing with "You are....", after 1 or 2 seconds the folder contents jumps automatically
to the left side to show the songs starting with "A". This also happens in folders with a vertical lay-out. Hope this explanation will help. Thanks

Hi zwever,

I am sorry but I cannot replicate the problem - if you could record it that would be good.

Sorry I am of no help.

Basher

Hi Basher

what do you mean with record it ? - do you realy want me to make a videoclip of
it and attach it to a next reply ?

May be a mobile phone recording if you want to. I can't promise a fix but if I or someone else here can actualy see what you mean then yes go for it.

Basher

You may want to try the built in problem steps recorder and see if that will do the job for you. Make sure you examine the recording and see that it does indeed show the problem you describe, edit out any unnecessary steps and check it again and then do your best before uploading the file here to zip it up, they can be unusually large so use 7zip or whatever to compress it.
How do I use Problem Steps Recorder?
hope that helps

Hi Basher
I've made a videoclip of the problem and posted it on Youtube.You'll see on it that I open my folder MP3 LEVEL containing over 1.000 MP3
files. Then I scrol a little bit to the left en leave it there. After a while, without any action from me, the contents jump automatically to the
left position in the folder. (Same happens in folders with a vertical structure) Hope you can see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting problem. Looks like something is calling an auto refresh of exporer list view. I would suspect some third party tweaking program. But it could be a simple mouse or keyboard problem maybe a driver update. I would be interested in knowing if first, does this happen when you boot the computer in safemode and then browse to the same folder with same view? Second, does this happen with all folders? And third does this happen to all users of this computer? Can you create a new user account and check for the same behavior?
Keep us posted.

Hi Trouble
I have no third party tweaking program installed on my computer.
I'm using a bluetooth mouse
It happens with many folders (did not check them all)
Under new user account and in safe mode it does not happen

Well that's good news. That would indicate that there is a application, service or other process, running at startup in normal mode specific to your user account that is not happening in safemode nor with a new or different user account. So take a look at this article and try using the CleanBoot step by step to see if you can zero in on the problem.

Sorry guys, my internet is running at the speed of 56b modem Ahhhh its normally 18Meg and cant even view the video :-S

But Mr Trouble is a cool dude :) and will sort you out.

Basher

Hello Trouble/Basher
Thanks your last reply. I took a look at the CleanBoot article and feel that this goes way beyond my computer skills. I'm affraid I will brick my laptop.I will
live with this inconvenience.
Anyway thank you both for trying to resolve my problem. (and Basher I hope your internet is humming again)
Zwever

Back
Top Bottom