Windows 7 Strange message received after turning on computer, please help.

borderlands

I have windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. After I pressed my power button while my computer was sleeping I got the black screen that says your computer was not shut down properly.
I clicked enter for the "Start Windows Normally" option. Apparently my computer shut off while sleeping. I got a message describing the problem when my computer booted up. I have no clue what any of the information means. Can someone tell me what the problem is in normal English and if there is anything I should do? Please see the windows message that received below. Thank you for all of your help.

[FONT=&quot]Problem signature:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Problem Event Name: BlueScreen[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Locale ID: 1033[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Additional information about the problem:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] BCCode: 9f[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] BCP1: 0000000000000003[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] BCP2: FFFFFA8003C9D060[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] BCP3: FFFFF80000B9C518[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] BCP4: FFFFFA8008FBE820[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] OS Version: 6_1_7600[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Service Pack: 0_0[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Product: 256_1[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Files that help describe the problem:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] C:\Windows\Minidump\022710-35209-01.dmp[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-69748-0.sysdata.xml[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Read our privacy statement online:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt[/FONT]

Last edited:
Do you always use the power button to wake it up..I use the space bar.

sometimes, move the mouse, space bar, random key on keyboard, pr power button, mouse click, i have no preference it is usaully random.

I should have perhaps written that in the first place icky..

I should have perhaps written that in the first place icky..

hehe yes possibly, in fact theres a couple of forums that won't help with interpreting .dmp files and insist the user has to , but I think using windows debugger and reading .dmp files is a skill acquired with practice and it's not reasonable to expect users to try understand them ..............

It's ultimately down to forum policy and environment I guess ?

I downloaded the Windows Debugger (developer Kit) and it downloaded as an ISO file and I have no clue how to install it. I would gladly zip and upload my minidump files, how would I "upload them here" as you say? thanks for your help.
If you zip up your minidump files and upload them here we can take a look at them ?

hehe yes possibly, in fact theres a couple of forums that won't help with interpreting .dmp files and insist the user has to , but I think using windows debugger and reading .dmp files is a skill acquired with practice and it's not reasonable to expect users to try understand them ..............

It's ultimately down to forum policy and environment I guess ?

Agreed. As far as I'm aware we have no such policy and feel it's a case of helping the person as best as possible and if that means reading DMP files then so be it. :)

Borderlands,
if you check the screenshots you'll see what you have to click to include the file.

There were 4 minidump file in my minidump folder so I zipped up all four of them. I tried to install the Windows Debugger file and saw that it was an ISO file and did not know how to install that. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• Minidump..zip
    509.9 KB · Views: 265
Back