Windows 7 Strange message received after turning on computer, please help.

borderlands

I have windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. After I pressed my power button while my computer was sleeping I got the black screen that says your computer was not shut down properly.
I clicked enter for the "Start Windows Normally" option. Apparently my computer shut off while sleeping. I got a message describing the problem when my computer booted up. I have no clue what any of the information means. Can someone tell me what the problem is in normal English and if there is anything I should do? Please see the windows message that received below. Thank you for all of your help.

[FONT=&quot]Problem signature:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Problem Event Name: BlueScreen[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Locale ID: 1033[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Additional information about the problem:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] BCCode: 9f[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] BCP1: 0000000000000003[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] BCP2: FFFFFA8003C9D060[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] BCP3: FFFFF80000B9C518[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] BCP4: FFFFFA8008FBE820[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] OS Version: 6_1_7600[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Service Pack: 0_0[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Product: 256_1[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Files that help describe the problem:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] C:\Windows\Minidump\022710-35209-01.dmp[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-69748-0.sysdata.xml[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Read our privacy statement online:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt[/FONT]

Last edited:
Has this only happened one time, or does it happen every time you put your computer in sleep mode?

Do you always use the power button to wake it up..I use the space bar.

sometimes, move the mouse, space bar, random key on keyboard, pr power button, mouse click, i have no preference it is usaully random.

If you zip up your minidump files and upload them here we can take a look at them ?

I should have perhaps written that in the first place icky..

hehe yes possibly, in fact theres a couple of forums that won't help with interpreting .dmp files and insist the user has to , but I think using windows debugger and reading .dmp files is a skill acquired with practice and it's not reasonable to expect users to try understand them ..............

It's ultimately down to forum policy and environment I guess ?

I downloaded the Windows Debugger (developer Kit) and it downloaded as an ISO file and I have no clue how to install it. I would gladly zip and upload my minidump files, how would I "upload them here" as you say? thanks for your help.
If you zip up your minidump files and upload them here we can take a look at them ?

hehe yes possibly, in fact theres a couple of forums that won't help with interpreting .dmp files and insist the user has to , but I think using windows debugger and reading .dmp files is a skill acquired with practice and it's not reasonable to expect users to try understand them ..............

It's ultimately down to forum policy and environment I guess ?

Agreed. As far as I'm aware we have no such policy and feel it's a case of helping the person as best as possible and if that means reading DMP files then so be it. :)

Borderlands,
if you check the screenshots you'll see what you have to click to include the file.

There were 4 minidump file in my minidump folder so I zipped up all four of them. I tried to install the Windows Debugger file and saw that it was an ISO file and did not know how to install that. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• Minidump..zip
    509.9 KB · Views: 265
Back
Top Bottom