Windows 10 Strange persistent pop-up

Gadzooks

For the past year the pop-up (picture attached) has been appearing sometimes multiple times daily.
I'm no expert but it appears to relate to some sort of updating for various laptops.
System is win10 Ver. 20H2 Build19042.867.
Apart from the annoyance, it seems to cause no problems, but any help on how to stop it would be greatly appreciated.
Pop Up.jpg

I can't read the text, so I can't say to what program is related, but I would like to ask: doesn't the window close after a very short time? If yes, then you shouldn't worry, it's just an update installation. There are certain programs that have to run in the command interpreter (cmd) in order to update itself. At the end of the update the cmd window should close by itself.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Many thanks for your response. Two of the lines are "Cannot open Acer updater. " Cannot open Packard Bell updater"
This puzzles me as I am using a custom built tower PC and have never had any dealings with either of the two companies mentioned.

You could check the Task Scheduler to try finding the annoying program that causes the cmd window to open a few times daily. Or, better than the Task Scheduler, you can download the Sysinternals utility called Autoruns Autoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals
which can give you a better picture of the programs that run unattended at the computer's start-up. This utility will show you also hidden programs run at start-up that you can't usually see with the Task Scheduler or looking into the registry.
Just look for something related to an updater and the two brand names.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

It says DriverSetupUtility. It's very likley something you installed.
I discovered a programme called "Acer Update Utility" lurking on my machine, no idea where it came from, however it's gone so hopefully this will sort things. Many thanks for the advice.

Back