Windows 7 String of errors preventing me from doing anything

Strvinmarv

A friend of mine asked me to see if I could fix his laptop for him so I picked it up from him to check it out. It has Windows 7 SP1 installed on it, when I try to start it up regular it haults right after the windows load screen and bsods, if I try to start it up in recovery, or any safe mode it starts up to a black screen with a cursor and will sit there for hours, and if I try to put a windows 7 disk in and start up from that it loads the files and then haults with a black screen and cursor. I have insured that everything is properly connected that could come loose to no avail and have pretty much expended every option that I have available to me. I would love it if someone on here had any idea what I should look into.

Hello Strvinmarv,

A little more info on the lappy would be helpful, make/model, etc:, but it sounds like a hard drive failure.

Don

Have you tried using an external monitor on the system? Maybe going through the Display screen options (onboard, external, both) might give some indication of what might be happening. But it sounds to me like a video problem, possibly driver or something related, like hardware.

But as Adamsappleone points out, there are other possibilities.

Have you tried using an external monitor on the system? Maybe going through the Display screen options (onboard, external, both) might give some indication of what might be happening. But it sounds to me like a video problem, possibly driver or something related, like hardware.

But as Adamsappleone points out, there are other possibilities.

if you can get the specific bsod error number that would help too

Back