Windows 7 Stuck on solid colour wallpaper!

blakegriplingph

OK, so I need your help regarding this; for some reason, my W7 install mucked up, and my thumbnails and desktop background isn't working properly. I can't change the wallpaper to a JPEG or any other image, like as if I'm on Safe Mode. I did practically everything, but I don't want to waste my time on reloading the OS...

Anyone?

OK, so I need your help regarding this; for some reason, my W7 install mucked up, and my thumbnails and desktop background isn't working properly. I can't change the wallpaper to a JPEG or any other image, like as if I'm on Safe Mode. I did practically everything, but I don't want to waste my time on reloading the OS...

Anyone?
If your Monitor screen looks as if you are in "safe mode" while in normal mode, your Display adapter has loaded the VGA basic driver. If you can post your Device Manager display in writing [as you cannot make JPG images as you seemed to imply] we might be able to start the troubleshoot.

To get to DM , Press Windows Logo key + Pause /Break to get the System Properties ( or Right-Click Computer>Properties) and click on Device Manager from the left pane of System

Most important for this troubleshoot is the + Display adapters . Click the + (Plus sign) to expand and find what Adapter driverWindows has loaded.

If it is an assembled computer the brand names & Models of Motherboard and any Add-on cards like Video card, Sound card, Network Interface Card , Wireless adapters if any must be posted for troubleshoot purposes . If it is a Brand Name Computer the manufacturer's name , model and version of the PC are needed to know its hardware specs on sale.

Hmm, no. The Nvidia driver loads instead of the basic ones you're talking about. I'm certain that the registry had a problem or two; I didn't turn on the System Restore utility when the problem came out.

NINJA EDIT: Setting an image as a desktop background in Firefox works, but not via the Personalize options in Control Panel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom