Windows 7 Stuck to 640 x 480 Resolution on Compaq Resario monitor

sheepo39

Hello, while using windows 7 on with my Compaq Presario 15SV Monitor, I notice that the resolution I'm Stuck to a 640 x 480 Resolution when it should be something around 1040x680 or something like that and it won't let me change the resolution. Does anybody here know how to make it so that I can change the monitor's resolution to the proper one?

Try re-installing graphics driver

I had that same problem on one installation and fixed it by re-installing the graphics (display) driver. That fixed mine, maybe it will fix yours.

( I am not offering expert advice, just relaying how I fixed this problem through trial and error on my machine.)

How would you go about doing that? I think win 7 is currently using the generic drivers.

I had the problem on a home built computer and I just used the driver CD that came with the motherboard. This problem with screen resolution did not occur originally. I had installed and deleted several different OSs and a few versions of Windows 7 beta and RC before it occurred. If a driver CD is unavailable, and you do not know exactly what graphics hardware you have, download something like CPUID (look CPUID up in your search engine for the web address) and find what hardware you have and go to that manufacturers website and download the latest driver for your model. The driver may also be available as download from your computer manufacturer's website.

Maybe someone with better expertise that I have will tune in here and give you better advice or expand on what I am able to do for you.

Back
Top Bottom