Windows 7 Stuff in recycle bin doesn't restore

cryptogram

I've got several copies of a Word file in the recycle bin and want to restore one of them. But when I click restore it disappears from the bin but doesn't seem to make an appearance anywhere else on the computer. What's up?

I guess you have done this: tried the search - it may have gone somewhere else than you recall it was.

After restart, can you see it in the recycle bin again? One thing you could try, right click the file, choose Properties, and from there, click Restore.

Are you sure you selected restore and not empty? How did you actually search for the missing file....procedure?

Thanks for the thanks, cryptogram. If the file has totally vanished, you wouldn't find any notice of it. It's possible it is a file from an outside source, and in those cases a normal delete may be definite - hard to tell.

To get update, do you still see the file?

My concern would be that some malware/spyware is the culprit or even worse that your system has been hacked unknowingly.

Quite so. The first thing to do when something unexpected happens, is to run a complete scan of your system, with your Antivirus. Recommendable is to run Malwarebytes and CCleaner or eq. too.

Hacking is a true problem, fortunately it isn't very common. But if you act in some environment / homegroup concerning work or studies, there's always the possibility someone has stolen what you have done or achieved. That's truly nasty business. Like a saying goes, Keep your friends close but your enemies even closer - I don't really support the idea, because it feeds the enemy, but it's good to think about that aspect. You never know where the frog is, unless it makes a sound or visible jump.

Last edited:
Back