Windows 7 SUDDENDLY I GET 20 ERROR MESSAGES ON BOOT UP

Patty

I am running a Lenovo B305 "IdeaCentre" all-in-one computer with Windows 7 Home Premere. After an automatic Windows Update or running of CCLEANER (I do not know which), I get the exact same error message for 20 programs when I boot up. The error message is:

"googledrive sync.exe bad image
C:\search Protect\Search Protect\bin\VC32loader.dll
is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your systems administrator or the software vendor for support."

This error message comes up 20 times when I reboot. I must press OK each time and then the computer will complete the boot up process and everything seems to work fine, even all the programs for which I received the error message.

The message is the same in every case except for the first line which will say, "Skype.exe, vzwsuam.exe, hotkey.exe" etc. etc. I surmise that each of these 20 error messages is associated with a program that should be loaded upon boot up.

I have done windows update again, I have reloaded a couple programs etc. Nothing helps. Any ideas?

I would not suspect CCleaner to do that. But a bad update can be possible. I would uninstall the updates in question and then install then one by one when they next appear. Then check after each update to find the culprit. Uninstall the culprit again and hide it next time it appears (right click > Hide).

I would not suspect CCleaner to do that. But a bad update can be possible. I would uninstall the updates in question and then install then one by one when they next appear. Then check after each update to find the culprit. Uninstall the culprit again and hide it next time it appears (right click > Hide).

Thanks for the email. When this problem began, (right after the Windows update and CCLEANER) I did a "restore" but only went back a few days. That should have removed the "update" as well as nullified the CCLEANER, right? I still had the same problem. So, now I will restore back a week or two and see if the problem goes away. At that time I can go to Control Panel and see if there was anything still there that was installed within the last several days and remove that. That is the only way I know to remove an update. Once that is done, I can proceed as you suggested above (if I get it back working properly).

OK, try that.
Well, I tried all of the above. recovered back to the first of the year etc. etc. and nothing changed. I then learned from a local friend that my problem was "Search Protect." He indicated that it was a Adware/Malware etc. I searched on the web as to how to get rid of it and found a procedure where using Control Panel and deleting all references, editing web brouser including toolbars and going as far as manually editing the registry. I did not have to edit the registry. Chrome was the real problem and I removed it and all references. I then did the windows update and all is perfect again. The only thing I can say is search the web for methods to remove and you will be OK again.

Back