Windows 7 System call failed

rit

I just needed to transfer a powerpoint to a usb but the usb wouldn't open. I tried using a different one and the same thing popped up again: system call failed. I am now unable to open computer, and icons on desktop, and right click. I tried deleting all temporary files but Firefox's was not able to do so. Any suggestions?

Hello and Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums! :)

The problem you're describing seems like a virus.
If you're still able to download files, go to www.malwarebytes.org and download "MalwareBytes AntiMalware"
Install and do a quickscan

Post back your results.

I just had this problem and Malwarebytes found a virus. Removed it, restarted, and seems to work now, though I'm doing another scan with avg.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
Database version: 3550
Windows 6.1.7600
Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385

1/12/2010 3:00:44 PM
mbam-log-2010-01-12 (15-00-44).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 95469
Time elapsed: 6 minute(s), 54 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 1
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChanges (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Fix virus easily

It is virus! And I think yourLink Removed - Invalid URLmay be the source of this virus! You can not use it again or fix it frist.
Have you got security tool on your PC? Keep it up to date and make it run whenever you surf online.:razz:

I am having the same error. I tried running AVG it found nothing. I also ran the Malewarebytes and it did not find anything.

I can't access anything on my start menu.

Please help!

Back