Windows 7 System crash for a few days, kernel power id 41

St3v3

I have Dell Inspiron N5110, core i5 2430m, 6gb RAM, nVidia Gt-525m and installed Windows 7 64 bit. System crash, and boot screen ask me to choose safe mode or start windows normally, nothing else. In Event Viewer critical error was logged, Kernel power id 41. I have formatted windows and install again with sp1 but nothing is changed. Can anybody know what is a problem?

Thanks,

Hi Steve and Welcome to The Forum,

Although you are not getting blue screens please see:

Please see: How to ask for help with a BSOD problem Following Method 2:
Download
and run the SF Diagnostics Tool. Right click the SF Diag tool and select Run as Administrator before running. When the reports have been created, zip them up and attach to a post.

Download and run CPU-Z. Take screenshots**/snips of the Mainboard tab, Memory tab and all the slot #'s under the SPD tab.
Go to Post Reply, click on the Go Advanced button and attach the screenshots**/snips to your post for all the RAM experts to see by using the paper clip you will find on the top toolbar. Do not zip them up.
If screenshots, please crop.

The information collected may shed some light on your problem.

HTH.

Attachments

• mainboard.jpg
    mainboard.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 403
  • memory.jpg
    memory.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 369
  • spd_slot1.jpg
    spd_slot1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 374
  • spd_slot2.jpg
    spd_slot2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 394
AVG is known to be a cause of problems on Windows 7 systems. Suggest that you uninstall it. Download the correct AVG Remover for your system (32 or 64 bit).
If you have AVG ID protection installed, download the AVGID Protection Remover from the above link as well (it wouldn't hurt to download and run it anyway). Download BSOD friendly Link Removed due to 404 Error as AVG's replacement.
Uninstall AVG through the Control Panel. Re-boot to Safe Mode and run the AVG Removal tool(s). Re-boot to normal mode and install MSE. Make sure your Windows firewall is enabled!

The dtsoftbus01.sys driver has been known to cause problems on some Windows 7 systems. This belongs to Daemon Tools Light. I suggest uninstalling Daemon Tools.

Also go into your bios and change the rams Command Rate from 1T to 2T

Last edited:
But I don't have that option to change RAM parameter in bios. I will try to uninstall AVG. What program like Daemon you will recommend to me? Thank you for advice, I think that this will solve my problem. It is embarrassed problem.

Virtual Drives
Some alternatives to DT/Alcohol for drive emulation that do not use SPTD.SYS (In no order).
Link Removed - Invalid URL Very small at just over 1Mb installed and can emulate up to 18 drives.(My preference).
Link Removed - Invalid URL (The program is a trial but the drive emulation is free forever).
Virtual CloneDrive

Thanks for your advice. Just one more thing about Command Rate, can I change it with any software, because I can't change timing and other things in bios on my Dell.

Best regards

Thanks for your advice. Just one more thing about Command Rate, can I change it with any software, because I can't change timing and other things in bios on my Dell.

Best regards

Sadly no. Its a bios thing. Dell, along with others, lock you out of certain areas of bios to protect you from yourself / they no best.

So if your Command Rate is 1T, then 1T it is.

Last edited:
Hi, I have uninstalled AVG and Daemon Tools Lite, but I have insert the battery, and no problem was detected for 7-9 days. Yesterday, I removed the battery, and today the problem is again here. So, problem is when battery is not inserted. What to do?

Back