Windows 10 System Thread Exception Not Handled (igdkmd64.sys)

silverman

Honorable Member
(Note: I have been updating from Windows 7 to Windows 10).

I have installed Windows 10 on a laptop and two PC’s All went well but today (3 days later) my main PC when switch this morning on gave me the following. (Fig1)

System Thread Exception Not Handled (igdkmd64.sys)

I looked at all the options offered in Troubleshoot > Advanced options, but none of the simple things helped.

The only thing I did before closing down yesterday was I deleted three unwanted icons from my desktop that I did not want. I managed to get into safe mode and reinstall them from the bin, the problem still remains. So that was not the problem.

I have checked Troubleshoot: Reset this PC or Advance options.

Can anyone give me some advice. I really done want to do anything that will delete any of my older programs that do work now, but would not on a clean installed Windows 10 only PC.

Attachments

• Fig1_20151222_08.jpg
    Fig1_20151222_08.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 950
I would start by verifying you have the current Intel graphics driver installed and also upload your dump files here so we can look at them. They should be in C:\Windows\Minidump

Hi,
please read the thread found here:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

This has an application which will collect the data we need to see in order to help you best. If the app comes back with no dump file found or your minidump folder is empty you'll need to change your settings so that your machine will produce them when a bsod occurs.
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

While we wait for your your dump file. igdkmd64.sys is the Intel graphics driver. Try installing a later version for windows 10:
Drivers & Software

Edit:
Thread moved to correct section.

Thanks Neemobeer, the only problem is I can't bet beyond the screen message that I send in my first posting. When it gets 100% it freezers.
I think this is due to the fact that I selected option 9 (in Fig 12) see above (with this posting). I did this as the computer just kept going round in circles (shutting down and opening) - How do I cancel that?

If I can get into safemode will I be in a position to copy: C:\Windows\Minidump as you suggest.

Attachments

• Fig12_20151222_13.jpg
    Fig12_20151222_13.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 613
Choose Option 4 it should boot with a generic graphics driver and not the Intel. You could also choose 5 so that you can get on the net and check for an updated driver.

Hi Neemobeer, I have just managed to get into Safe mode and have found the folder Minidump, it contains 23 items all dated between 19th & 22nd December 2015. What an how do I sends it to you.

I see that another forum member has asked me to do something else, - not sure what to do first.

I have downloaded the C:\Windows\Minidump to a memory stick, I am sure I wont be able to do all you say using the safe mode on my main computer (the one I am having problems with) it was a bit of luck I managed after several restarts to get into safe mode before.
Would It work by using this computer I am using now?

It seems strange that my main computer worked for almost two days before this problem arose.

I will respond to any further posts tomorrow morning.

Hi,
if you can zip the contents of the minidump folder and post them that would be great.
In any case the computer that is constantly rebooting, you can get back into safe mode by using an installation disk/USB or a recovery disk/USB.

The recovery dsk/usb can be created using another windows 10 computer.

You will need to change your boot order in order to boot from either one and to then enter the recovery console. Once there you can enter safe mode again and uninstall the intel driver which seems to be causing the issue. Windows carries it's own set of drivers so it will just use that in it's place and hopefully no bsod. If you do get back into the system then install the correct driver as soon as is possible.

Creating a recovery drive - Windows Help -

Hi all,
I managed to get the Main computer open in safe mode as suggested. (Option 5 with Net connection. I first of all tried to load the Driver Utility 2.2 I downloaded to to the desktop started clicked on it to install. I then received a message Setup Failed. I also tried just selecting Run from the Intel website, also Failed. it said for more information see log. I have saved this log report to the desk top. It also gave a code 0x80070641. It seems that it may not be possible to update my Intel driver in Safe Mode.
I have managed to zip a folder that contains the Minidump files you wanted and am now enclosing it.
I am now going to create a boot disk as I still have the computer running in Safe Mode (with Net).

Sorry can send the Zip file - message said: file size to large to send (2.059Kb) - What now

Hmm..shouldn't be too large to send but in any case try uploading it to a file sharing site and post the download link.

I have just tried again. still no luck!

Attachments

• To large for server.JPG
    To large for server.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 511
Cloud accounts are something I have always kept away from, I don't have any social media accounts for the same reason. What is the cost of this as a matter of interest?

I have now created a MEGA account, and I have the zip file in a folder with a specific name. I have not had time to explore how to do things yet. How do I make the folder I have created a file that can be viewed by you - shared I assume? how do I create access for you to view it.

Sorry I did say I am new to this.

Cloud accounts are something I have always kept away from, I don't have any social media accounts for the same reason. What is the cost of this as a matter of interest?
It's free although like many apps there is also a version which costs money.
I have now created a MEGA account, and I have the zip file in a folder with a specific name. I have not had time to explore how to do things yet. How do I make the folder I have created a file that can be viewed by you - shared I assume? how do I create access for you to view it.

Sorry I did say I am new to this.
Not a problem, thats what we are here for.. :)
This link is for the support page and has the basics about what a file sharing site is. I understand your concern as the term 'file sharing' has been related to bad practices but this I assure you is very legal. All your doing is placing a file online, 'in the cloud', so i/we can download it in order to help you further.
MEGA

Back
Top Bottom