Windows 10 System Thread Exception Not Handled (igdkmd64.sys)

Thanks, When I now click on your MEGA text above it takes me to the site and looks as it it's my account page. It has my christian name at the top of the page. What do I do from that point?

I unfortuantly have to go our for about an hour this afternoon in about an hours and a halfs time,

Hi,
what you need to do now is post a link to the file download. I'll then be able to download the folder for myself in order to debug the dump files contained. I don't need to know passwords or anything like that you should be able to simply post a link to the download.

If you upload the folder to Mega then look at the extreme right of the page where you can see the folder you'll see a drop down menu. I'll take a screenshot of what I'm referring to:
mega.jpg

You will have tow options for link, one with encryption and one without. Please post the link without encryption.

Hope this helps but if not post back and let us know. Good luck.. :)

Hehe, you need to post the link which hasn't got the encryption. When you go through the process I outlined above you'll be offered two links. You need the link which isn't encrypted and then post that. The above link that you posted is fine otherwise. I'll be back in a couple of hours as i have to nip out.

Hi, I think you said you had received the minidump folder I sent via MEGA can you confirm that. If so was it helpful?

In an earlier posting you said:- Getting my faulty PC back into safe mode I could do by using an installation disk/USB or a recovery disk/USB.

I have now found the original CD that was used when this (faulty) computer was first built, it’s a Windows 7 Home Premium CD so could I use this to get it to run in Safe Mode? My computer as already set to boot from CD so I should not have a problem with that.

However I have found by continually allowing the faulty computer to restart on the third or fourth reboot it allows me to select Safe Mode. So is that the best way for me to do it?

You also suggested I should try uninstall the intel driver which seems to be causing the issue. (assuming it’s the Intel graphic driver at fault how do I locate this? I am a little worried this will get me into deeper water!

As a point of interest my processor is as follows.

Intel 3rd Generation core i5-3570K CPU (4x3.40GHz, Ivy Bridge, Socket 1155, 6mb Cache Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)

You said I should try to updated the Intel graphics driver for Windows 10, can you send me a link to do this please. You did say I could use my working Laptop (also running Window 10) to download this file (assumingly to a memory stick or CD).

I am sorry for so many questions, especially on Christmas Eve,

Hi, I think you said you had received the minidump folder I sent via MEGA can you confirm that. If so was it helpful?
Hi,
if you read my last post I explained that you indeed sent a link but that link needed an encryption key ( like a password) to open it. As I explained above when you create the link you are offered two choices:

Link with encryption

Link without encryption

We need the link thats without encryption.

Go through the process again and you will see what I mean.
I have now found the original CD that was used when this (faulty) computer was first built, it’s a Windows 7 Home Premium CD so could I use this to get it to run in Safe Mode? My computer as already set to boot from CD so I should not have a problem with that.
I doubt it will get you back into the Recovery console and I'd stick with your other method.

You also suggested I should try uninstall the intel driver which seems to be causing the issue. (assuming it’s the Intel graphic driver at fault how do I locate this? I am a little worried this will get me into deeper water!
If your not happy about removing the driver (it can be found in the section which used to be called 'Add and remove programs' ) these are your options for recovery:
Recovery options in Windows 10 - Windows Help

You could always try system restore or if all else fails a 'Reset'
You said I should try to updated the Intel graphics driver for Windows 10, can you send me a link to do this please. You did say I could use my working Laptop (also running Window 10) to download this file (assumingly to a memory stick or CD).
Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 64bit (3rd Gen & BYT)

I only had three options (unless I was looking in the wrong place)

1. Link without Key
2. Description Key
3. Link without Key

I selected 1

If thats the case then this is odd as I'm seeing this when clicking on your link:
mega.jpg

Actually Silverman I think the error is mine. I think you need to provide the link with the key. I'd got it the other way round sorry for the confusion:
mega1.JPG

I am having problems with my Laptop now, That's the trouble with new things.

I went through the process again having selected "Get Link" I got the screen (see my file) I then selected all three options one at a time and copied each of the three links. (I new have them at hand) what MEGA does having selected the key options saves the link to the computer, but I just cant find it after I have done this. Does Windows 10 have Notepad or is it new Notebook? I can find either so its a problem. As I have said I have all three links if you need any of them.

I will wait to hear from you before I do anything else. Thanks

Attachments

• decryption keys query_v2.jpg
    decryption keys query_v2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 397
I had a look at the recovery Options in Windows 10 (link you sent) and the one thing I had already checked Restore from a system restore point, unfortunately the only one listed was just before installing Windows 10, so that not an option.

Regarding the links I am sending you, I see that MEGA save my created link to LINKBOARD, do I have to sign up for this service as well as you. It's a complete mystery to me!

If so it's a complicated and long winded process!

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80180b6269a, ffffd0005c90b9b8, ffffd0005c90b1d0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+1269a )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
every dump file regardless of Bugcheck blamed this driver. I would try uninstalling it in safe mode. You can download the driver needed from your motherboard support page here:
ASRock > Z77 Extreme6

If you can get a copy onto the system via a usb stick then you should be able to update the driver in safe mode.

Thanks for send the information, especially as it’s was Christmas eve. I am not expecting a reply to this as I am sure you need the Christmas holiday.

I have found a way of getting my computer to start up normally (but for only about 2 ½ minutes) before it reboots again. Just wondering if I could download the file to my computer in that time? Would it download then create an installer? that I could activate after another reboot ? (giving me another 2 ½ minutes).

Is it necessary to delete the driver first as you previously said? or would installing the new driver just update it?

I am still a little confused what I am trying to install. You said I should try to updated the Intel graphics driver for Windows 10. I have looked at the list from your suggested link http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77 Extreme6/?cat=Download&os=Win1064 and I just don’t know which one to select! None are listed as Intel graphics drivers for Windows 10 – can you point me to the right direction? I assume it will be one for Europe.

The mother board is: Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme6 Motherboard (Socket 1155, Intel Z77, up to 32GB DDR3, ATX, USB 3.0, 4 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s, 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection)

My Processor is: Intel i5-03570K (LGA1155)

Sorry to be such a pain, your help is much appreciated.

Thanks for send the information, especially as it’s was Christmas eve. I am not expecting a reply to this as I am sure you need the Christmas holiday.
Hmm... We don't work for the site which isn't an official Microsoft site. We are all volunteers just trying to help other people out so don't worry.. :)
I have found a way of getting my computer to start up normally (but for only about 2 ½ minutes) before it reboots again. Just wondering if I could download the file to my computer in that time? Would it download then create an installer? that I could activate after another reboot ? (giving me another 2 ½ minutes).
I doubt it.
Can you not download it to a usb stick and get it off that in safe mode?

I see that before you tried to use the Intel driver utility in safe mode. Applications like that simply won't work in safe mode but I think you'll be able to install the new driver. Look in the remove programs area, if there is an intel graphics driver then remove it and install the new version. If you cannot find one then simply install the new version.

Here's a link to the Intel driver download:
Drivers & Software

Back