Windows 10 System Thread Exception Not Handled (igdkmd64.sys)

kemical, Thanks for the reply, I have looked through all the Download Drives on the page from your above link, I gives me a choice of around 20 downloads and I can't see any that clearly look right to me.

I have three pages of information from Intel i5-03570K (LGA1155) from the web and I still can decide which driver I should download, the first one on the list indicates its for 6th generation so I don't think that the one for me. I just don't want to make things worse.

Sorry to be such a pain but I am really struggling, my other two Windows 10 computers also are giving me problems with other issues (unrelated). I really need to get my main computer up and running first.

Thanks for all you time, I hope you managed to have a nice Christmas.

No Luck again. I downloaded the file Win64_153339.exe, saved it to a USB stick and copied it to the faulty computer (desktop). The computer was in safe mode (not net connected) and I activated it, it ran through the normal installation and at the end asked me to select a reboot.

It restarted in normal mode, I was asked to login, this I did and it when through what seemed a normal restart, but unfortunately I ended up with the original problem window System Thread Exception Not Handled (igdkmd64.sys).

The only thing I did not do as you suggested was to delete the old file first. I was uncertain as to which one to delete from the installed programme page.

I have taken a photo of this page so you can see the current programs as it stands now.

If you can tell me which one/s I need to delete, could I do this then try installing it again?

Attachments

• Photo CM2 installed Programmes 271215.jpg
    Photo CM2 installed Programmes 271215.jpg
    550.1 KB · Views: 374
Yup no problem, it's the:
Intel Graphics driver

Your installing a new Intel Graphics driver and simply need to remove the old one.

kemical:

Did that and it's up and running. I will give it a good test tomorrow and report back. It's doing plenty of updates at the moment.

I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Thank

Sorry the above did not go yesterday when I posted it for some reason.

Yesterday I did several restarts and it seemed fine. (certainly more stable and not rebooting all the time), It seemed to be doing lots of updates, as I would expect having been off line for 6+ days. I left it for about an hour then selected shut down and then received a message about task manager. I opened up task manager but it showed nothing. so I just left it over night.

This morning it was in sleep mode (had not shut down), it asked me to log on and it started up. I went to the Control Panel and selected Programmes & Features. I am enclosing a copy for you to see. Why are the Date modified, Publisher, & Version details not being displayed? and more importantly why is the newley installed Intel Graphics Driver not showing up. I have compered the setting in "VIEW" (in the Programmes & Features) on another Windows 10 PC and both are set the same, the other PC is displaying the everthing, not not this computer (that was the faulty one).

Certainly it proved that my problems was as you said the Intel Graphic Driver needed updating. So we have now made a massive move ahead. Thank you

Attachments

• Prograqmmes and Features 281215A.JPG
    Prograqmmes and Features 281215A.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 291
Why are the Date modified, Publisher, & Version details not being displayed? and more importantly why is the newley installed Intel Graphics Driver not showing up. I have compered the setting in "VIEW" (in the Programmes & Features) on another Windows 10 PC and both are set the same, the other PC is displaying the everthing, not not this computer (that was the faulty one).
To be honest I have no idea but I'm glad to hear you have the machine back up and running.

Try running a sfc scan to see if any corruption is in the os itself. Right click on the start menu icon and from the revealed menu choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

I did as you suggested: I selected "Admin commant prompt" and nothing happened! I left it for a while just to see if anything came up. So what now?

Did you notice that the "Screen shot" I sent in the last posting showed only 46 items (total of 1.68GB), my lap top that has few programmes installed showed 103 items (total being 8.45GB) It does seem rather strange.

Just after I sent the above I received the following (see attachment).

I added the two XX for your information

Attachments

• No associated program 281215.JPG
    No associated program 281215.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 334
More Info:
This is the list of default programmes, I can see several missing such as Photoshop Adobe etc. These are on the computer and can be used. Thats a bit strange to me

Attachments

• Default Programs listed.pdf
    137.5 KB · Views: 283
kermical
UPDATE Information
:
I thought I would go to "Indexing Options" and it's now taken the completed indexing up to 175,240 items indexed. I then tried your suggestion again (sfc) and it downloaded the item required it's currently at 83% as soon as it's complete I will send you the report.

Things are certainly looking up now - Thanks to you

From running a sfc scan to see if any corruption was in the os itself. I received the following report. (see attached file).

Running the Indexing Options seems to have speeded up somethings. I discovered in the Programmes & Features in the Tools > Folder options one of the boxes was unticked (compaired with my other computer) this was stopping the full details from being displayed i.e. the Date modified, Publisher, & Version details (all are now on display). The only one concern I have is the lack of programmes showing in Programmes & Features. (It's 57 less that my laptop that has 103 on display.) I still don't understand why the last Intel Graphics Driver download is not showing. I did delete the old version from that location as you know.

Do you think it's a good time to create a restore point, I only have ones that are pre-Windows 2010?

Attachments

• Report from running scf-scannow on CM2_281215.JPG
    Report from running scf-scannow on CM2_281215.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 243
Sorry kemical I don't think I explained myself very well.

1. The Windows 10 is working OK (just a few niggles I hope I can sort in time).

2. In Programmes & Features it does not show all my installed programmes, (such as MS Money, Photoshop CS5 & Bridge, MS Office 2015 etc etc), but they are all on the computer! (moved across when I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10) and these all work fine. I just did not understand why they are not showing in in Programmes & Features as before, but perhaps it does not matter!

If I had done a clean install in the first place many of my old programmes would not have operated – something I did not want to happen.

3. I mentioned CREATING a NEW restore point, NOW while things are working. ( 90%.)
I only have one restore point on my computer, its pre-installation of Windows 10, So currently that of no use at all.

I think we are all done now, so I would like to thank you once again for all your help and support. It's been a long jorney - especially for you.

Best wishes and wishing you a Happy New Year.

I mentioned CREATING a NEW restore point, NOW while things are working. ( 90%.)
I only have one restore point on my computer, its pre-installation of Windows 10, So currently that of no use at all.
I guess it would be a good idea now you have things working so yes go ahead.

I did consider suggesting a clean install but edited it out as it seems things are working ok.

I'm only too glad to help Silverman and if any issues should return please post back.

Back
Top Bottom