Windows 7 Task bar Icons, Show up twice when opened?

supaafly

I just reformatted my W7. For some reason on my tasktbar, when I open a program lets say AIM, the icon will show up twice. Or Photoshop, it shows up twice. Screenshot below:

http://i40.tinypic.com/t5qh6a.png
t5qh6a.png

But it never used to do that. And some programs like Firefox, do not, or MSN.
When I launch a program from the taskbar, I want the icon to just get highlighted, not open another icon. Help!

Welcome to win7forums. :)

It is up to software developers to fix this. In time they will. There is not much to do about it right now.

But the thing is it never used to do this. If i clicked a taskbar icon to open, it would highlgiht the icon, not open another icon to the right

When you have both icons in the bar unpin the original icon, then right-click the newly spawned icon, and pin it to the taskbar. You can then move the new pinned item to any location in your task bar. Now you shouldn't get two. To check close the programme and then click on the icon see if that has resolved the issue. Worked for me :rolleyes3:

When you have both icons in the bar unpin the original icon, then right-click the newly spawned icon, and pin it to the taskbar. You can then move the new pinned item to any location in your task bar. Now you shouldn't get two. To check close the programme and then click on the icon see if that has resolved the issue. Worked for me :rolleyes3:

This solved the problem for me, THANKS!

Back