Windows 7 Taskbar explorer windows going blank

Mike89

Banned
Let's say you have 5 folder windows open but minimized. By holding mouse over explorer icon on Taskbar, all 5 folders display in mini windows across desktop. My issue is after a certain time of not opening those windows and then holding the mouse over the explorer icon on taskbar, instead of the 5 folders displaying mini windows of contents, the 5 windows are now blank. To get the contents to display back on the mini windows, I have to click on each one (which also opens each one back on the desktop). I don't like Windows decided when to blank them out. I don't want them blanked out no matter how long I have them open. How do I do this?

I can't replicate this.. mine never go blank.

I would guess it's got something to do with the refresh rate.. BECAUSE.... if you are watching a video .. say youtube and minimize... it' will keep running ... but when you mouse over the taskbar you get a SNAPSHOT.. you aren't opening the page, the movie is not moving.... next time you hover, however, it will be a new snapshot... showing there is a refresh ... seems your refresh is "blanking out" even though I'm not sure what a blank out actually looks like.

Maybe it's just my age or poor eyesight,. but I can't even see what the actually mini windows says.

That;s why I brought back the Windows Switcher from Vista so you can actually see the contents of each Window.

I screwed up. Here it is again. First one correctly, showing the actual Wordperfect page.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Desktopthumbnail3.jpg

Second one after sitting for awhile, where it basically blanks out with just a blank page with the little WordPerfect icon in the middle. Clicking on this thumbnail restores it to original view.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

desktopthumbnail4.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have any other display issues at all?

Could you please fill in your computer specs in the UserCP link at the top left hand side of the page.

This freeware program will give you all the information you will need:

SIV (System Information Viewer) 4.03

Last edited:
There is something wrong. Run through the diagnostic checks at the link in my tagline and see if there is a problem with your graphics card. It may need new drivers.

Back