Windows 7 Techniques to Boost Volume on a Netbook?

jpofsiny

Hello,
I am interested in increasing the max system volume on a toshiba nb305 netbook. I have turned on Loudness Equalization and my Speaker volume in the Volume Mixer is at maximum.

Is there a way to do this? With certain files in various applications, the volume is too low to be appreciated. I use VLC as a media player, which has output to 200%. However, for example, when using Netflix, I cannot get certain movies loud enough.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Are you using a headset? If for no other reason than battery life, I would be using a headset for any pad, smartphone or whatever I was using...

If that is not the problem, looking at the volume mixer might show if the output is equal to the volume setting.. Left click the speaker icon and check the volume mixer.

Are you using a headset? If for no other reason than battery life, I would be using a headset for any pad, smartphone or whatever I was using...

If that is not the problem, looking at the volume mixer might show if the output is equal to the volume setting.. Left click the speaker icon and check the volume mixer.

I'm not using a headset, no. The mixer is adjusted, yes.

Sound output on a netbook is always going to be limited. Any attempt to push it beyond its design limits is likely to result in unacceptable distortion. I use a usb powered external speaker for mine when I require better output - would this be a workable solution for you?

I think Pat is right. You need speakers that have their own amplifier. But headsets may be a good option too.

Sound output on a netbook is always going to be limited. Any attempt to push it beyond its design limits is likely to result in unacceptable distortion. I use a usb powered external speaker for mine when I require better output - would this be a workable solution for you?

Thanks patcooke. I find that netbooks do have very limited sound but this pushes it, really. I'm not sure what's up with the system, if anything and its beyond its warranty (cowboom.com purchase in November of 2011) if I recall correctly.

I have used other netbooks and do find it to be below normal volume output, even by netbook standards. An external speaker set sounds like a good alternative.

To be Honest, though, really - what I was hoping is that someone would be able to recommend software which would overwrite the windows system volume levels (a mixer with a volume boost of some sort, etc) or some other similar application. If anyone can recommend something like that, I trust myself not to blow out my speakers, and uninstall it if it just leads to distorted output, etc. but I am really amazed if there is not such an application (although I have not been able to find one).

Thanks for the time and consideration.

Back