Windows 7 the ultimate internet sharing feat

mariolemy

(I have low knowledge of networking and the current feat includes dealing with unlikely setup plus unlikely hardware)

The goal: share internet connection obtain from USB-Dongle over multiple laptop (2 laptop).

The Hardware:

1x generic dongle (from where i draw my internet)(mobile internet is the only choice for internet)
1x laptop inspiron6000 (running win7 enterprise) 99%(aero is the only thing not working)
1x MBP laptop (this is where it gets tricky: I also run win7 enterprise but without bootcamp or any mac driver/software) 99%("performance counter" is the only not working*)

1x linksys router (that i don't use nor expect to use but could if a "switch" would help instead of a "adhoc")

*This is what might confuse people but really shouldn't as i have bypass all mac stuff so we can assume it runs like normal pc. the idea is that the hardware is the one of a mac so my adapter which i know very little about might cause issue(IE. 802.11N is disable??)

-------------------

Alright so i seems that because i use a dongle and it doesn't fall under "wireless network" but "dial-up" i have no choice to create a "ad hoc"(http://windowsvj.com/wpblog/enable-internet-sharing-of-usb-modem-in-windows-7-tutorial/).

Once the ad-hoc create and seen by the inspiron6000 can't connect and get the error (the capability of your network adapter does not match the requirements of this network)

-> the inspiron(intel2915abg) has 802.11 a/b/g listed
-> the mbp "running the dongle"(atheros ar5008X) has 802.11b, adhoc 11n "disable" listed

now i am lost about what cause what... so any ideas what i should do???

have fun

Back