Windows 7 Thinking of reinstall

jbrownskunk

ok here is what id like to try if it will work
im running 64 bit ultimate what i want to do reinstall windows on a 160gig hd leaving the file system intact on the 1 TB drive and erase the old install of windows and everything still work another words can i reinstall to a diff drive and still tell it to leave systems files intact that is the question

Last edited:
BootItNG or Acronis (Drive Manager) will both do what you want to do. You are imaging with these utilities and do not have to reinstall. (BootItNG has a trial -- get to either by Googling.)

ok here is what id like to try if it will work
im running 64 bit ultimate what i want to do reinstall windows on a 160gig hd leaving the file system intact on the 1 TB drive and erase the old install of windows and everything still work another words can i reinstall to a diff drive and still tell it to leave systems files intact that is the question

Yes! try acronis, already tried it and it work. I suggest you keep the disk copy for future problems.. :)

1. install acronis true image home 2010.
2. If you could mount the drives at the same time (ie: desktop pc, external HD) you can use the clone disk utility under the tab tools and utilities or you can use the backup under the home tab (select sector by sector if you want to backup everything even deleted and hidden files(ie: DCV partition)

If you need a more step by step process (with images) just reply to this tread and if my schedule permits, ill try to provide one. :)

Back
Top Bottom