Windows 7 "This computer is not running genuine Windows"

Look in the windows\system32 folder and see if slui.exe has been renamed to slui.exe.bak and that slui.exe does not exist.

thats's how mine looks.

That's exactly what I was in the middle of typing.. ;) you beat me to it.. (I'm at work too though so interruptions are plenty... ;) ) Good stuff! Hopefully we're on the right track..

Well I wouldn't rename it manually.

I believe it gets renamed to slui.exe,bak once the key is validated or activated by using Radenight's previous post or by using the Plus patch.

In Plus patch, did you choose activate online?

I went back through all the previous posts in this thread.

Kyle suggested going to Control Panel > System.

I just did that and it tells me I have 30 days to activate.

Can you other guys check this out?

Last edited by a moderator:
In Plus patch, did you choose activate online?

Yeah, that's letter C, correct? Let me try to grab a screenshot of the result real fast. It's somewhat difficult to capture, because the prompt disappears as soon as the resulting text spits out.

I did it. ^_^

EDIT:
Curious.. have you rebooted at all in the last few mins?

Yep, I have. It either has absolutely no effect, or it tells me I made an unauthorized change, because Windows 7 likes to be a douche about some things.

I went back through all the previous posts in this thread.

Kyle suggested going to Control Panel > System.

I just did that and it tells me I have 30 days to activate.

Can you other guys check this out?

I can't right now, at work.. ;) I'll let you know what mine says though when I get home.. :)

I can't right now, at work.. ;) I'll let you know what mine says though when I get home.. :)

OK :) Last thought cps I is drunk ! When I offered keznews it was not a random idea > The subjuect matter on keznews covers most problems anyone may encounter and ways to ovecome them . It has only one problem the knowledge of which software to deploy . You gotta know what you need else its a random thing .
|Well me drunk need a good nights sleep ;. Wish you all the best me off = dang ! He is for sure off ! :D

I can't right now, at work.. ;)

Playing on the Internet at work HA.

That;s OK a guy I used to work with bought and sold on eBay most of the time at work.:D

Good night whoosh.

I'm not drunk, but my ass sure hurts.:D

Playing on the Internet at work HA.

That;s OK a guy I used to work with bought and sold on eBay most of the time at work.

Yeah I probably shouldn't be but oh well.. it's a family ran organization and I happen to be very close friends with one of the owner's so needless to say I can't really do any wrong while at work.. Kind of like a golden ticket of sorts.. ;) It's great.. :) Speaking of Ebay I actually made 4 purchases on the work comp last night... hehe ;)

Now my other job on the other hand... (not a family ran business) that's a whole different story.. I won't get into that one right now... ;) to put it simply, if I was to use the computer for anything but my job I'd be fired pretty quick.. so yeah, when I'm working at job # 2 I don't really use the comp for much... thankfully I only work part time at job # 2....

Night Whoosh.. the secret to not having a hangover the next day: Take a multivitamin the night before and I guarantee you won't have a hangover..

Speaking of Ebay I actually made 4 purchases on the work comp last night... hehe ;)

Hang on a minute untill I get up from the floor. LOL

OK, I've composed myself, but that is hilarious.:D

Truthfully this guy did it about 5 hours a day out of his 8 hour shift.

I used to do it about once a week.

Yeah, that's letter C, correct? Let me try to grab a screenshot of the result real fast. It's somewhat difficult to capture, because the prompt disappears as soon as the resulting text spits out.

Try something else with Plus Patch. Disconnect your computer from the Internet. I mean pull out the ethernet cable complelety. I activated mine even though I was offline. I hope that's the secret.

If not, try this site and download the key finder. Run it and see if it outputs your Windows 7 Ultimate key:
Magical Jelly Bean Software - Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder v2.0.1

You'll be redirected to a Soundforge page. Look in the upper right corner and you'll see Link Removed - Invalid URL to download Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder manually

Try something else with Plus Patch. Disconnect your computer from the Internet. I mean pull out the ethernet cable complelety. I activated mine even though I was offline. I hope that's the secret.

If not, try this site and download the key finder. Run it and see if it outputs your Windows 7 Ultimate key:
Magical Jelly Bean Software - Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder v2.0.1

You'll be redirected to a Soundforge page. Look in the upper right corner and you'll see Click here to download Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder manually

I haven't tried removing the ethernet cable yet, but, looksies.

WOW, that's strange.

There is another program you can use to see if it outputs the right key

|MG| SIV (System Information Viewer) 3.35

I just installed 7100 64-bit and found out I had another version of Orbit's patch that wasw version 9.

I immediately selected A, chose the key, installed succesfully, then ran activate online and it flashed by pretty quickly, but I don't have any errors relating to Not using Genuine windows.

Maybe I'll try to delete some keys in the registry and post back with the results,

The key is located in the registry, however it's in binary format

259ecu0.png

I want to hit something very badly. I guess I'll go ahead and reinstall the operating system over this weekend. Shall I use Easy Transfer to back everything up?

259ecu0.png

I want to hit something very badly. I guess I'll go ahead and reinstall the operating system over this weekend. Shall I use Easy Transfer to back everything up?

What ever works for you . Good idea to reinstall it may be the only way to resolve the saga :) Guess we have thrown everything your way minus the kitchen sink . Optional extra ?
Well good luck with the reinstall :)

Yes, I have to agree.

i think those files neccessary for activation may have already been modified not alowing you to activate.

One good thing about Orbit's version 9 Final is that I just checked the Control Panel > System applet and it actually stated Windows is activated when I installed the 64-bit version

At the moment I have a file named slui.exe.bak, no slui.exe

Maybe your next post will say...."This computer is running genuine Windows":cool:

Good luck, post back if you need more help

Yes, I have to agree.

i think those files neccessary for activation may have already been modified not alowing you to activate.

One good thing about Orbit's version 9 Final is that I just checked the Control Panel > System applet and it actually stated Windows is activated when I installed the 64-bit version

At the moment I have a file named slui.exe.bak, no slui.exe

Maybe your next post will say....\"This computer is running genuine Windows\":cool:

Good luck, post back if you need more help

Thanks. Out of curiosity, how should I go about backing everything up? Windows Easy Transfer?

I've never tried Windows Easy Transfer

What is it tat you'd like to backup?

If it's just documents, pictures, videos, etc you can simply copy them to an external USB drive or a flash drive.

If you've installed 3rd party apps, these will have to be re-installed since you're doing a "clean install.

There is also a way to get to a command prompt on startup and delete the partition here.

By the way, how many partitions or drives do you have in your PC?

I've never tried Windows Easy Transfer

What is it tat you'd like to backup?

If it's just documents, pictures, videos, etc you can simply copy them to an external USB drive or a flash drive.

If you've installed 3rd party apps, these will have to be re-installed since you're doing a "clean install.

There is also a way to get to a command prompt on startup and delete the partition here.

By the way, how many partitions or drives do you have in your PC?

I've got three. I'm aware that I'll have to reinstall my applications, but I have lots of documents. Probably around 20GB, or so. I can migrate them over to another partition, can I not? I've just heard that Easy Transfer was a better route to take. *shrugs*

Yes, you can as the new Windows installation will leave your other partitions intact.

Open Disk Managment and verify that Windows is installed on the C: partition.

Yes, you can as the new Windows installation will leave your second partitioin intact.

Alright, thanks. Um, I remember after installing this build, it created a folder called Windows.old, containing all my important documents and such. Is there any way to keep it from doing this, seeing as I'll be backing everything up myself? I just feel more comfortable doing it that way.

Actually, I have no clue as to why Microsoft does this.

it does not include your personal files, just the windows and all subfolders underneath it.

It's basically useless since your already saved your documents, etc.

I delete it after my initial install.

Back
Top Bottom