Windows 7 "This computer is not running genuine Windows"

Actually, I have no clue as to why Microsoft does this.

it does not include your personal files, just the windows and all subfolders underneath it.

It's basically useless since your already saved your documents, etc.

I delete it after my initial install.

Well, it did save my personal files. Everything I have branches from my Documents folder, and that was automatically backed up by the installation. I think it might have made the installation take lots longer, too.

Everything I have branches from my Documents folder, and that was automatically backed up by the installation. I think it might have made the installation take lots longer, too.

Are you saying that information was saved by doing a re-install?

I don't believe this will save that particular directory with a "clean" install.

Talk about taking a long time, I recently re-formated and took my Vista Machine back to the state when I bought it. It took 4 DVD's and took about 5 hours to complete.

After telling it to reinstall, it created the Windows.old folder, which stored the Users directory, which had the Eric directory, which kept all my personal things.

HMM,

That's news to me, I never knew it saved that particular infortmation.

So, did you perform the "clean" install and are you up and running?

HMM,

That's news to me, I never knew it saved that particular infortmation.

So, did you perform the "clean" install and are you up and running?

What, you mean tonight? No, I haven't. I probably won't have enough time to do so until Saturday. =[

I hope it all goes well, I'm sure it will and you'll be up and running in no time.. ;) Let us know how it turns out.. :)

I hope it all goes well, I'm sure it will and you'll be up and running in no time.. ;) Let us know how it turns out.. :)

Yes we all want to know its been an interesting problem . hope you have resolved it now :D

Holy moly, I think I fixed it.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

I migrated all of my files and folders to a separate drive, and decided I was ready to reinstall. I went to control panel, pressed "recovery", and rebooted. I was greeted by the Windows install screen, and then I suddenly remembered I had forgotten to write down a serial key (I wanted to try entering one at installation,) so I pressed cancel, and the computer restarted. I launched PlusPatch version 10, and grabbed a serial key. Then my mom came in the room, and started to yell at me for something negligible. I accidentally jerked, and clicked the mouse.

The option right below "Activate online", which is what I've been trying to use for the last several weeks. Without any hesitation, it activated my system. Hells to the yes.

Going to System also tells me that my Windows is activated and has a serial key. *squee!*

After all that.. ;) Well I'm glad you got it fixed! Now you can enjoy windows 7 for the true gem that it is!.. ;)

6JKV2-QPB8H-RQ893-FW7TM-PBJ73
TQ32R-WFBDM-GFHD2-QGVMH-3P9GC
GG4MQ-MGK72-HVXFW-KHCRF-KW6KY
4HJRK-X6Q28-HWRFY-WDYHJ-K8HDH
QXV7B-K78W2-QGPR6-9FWH9-KGMM7
theses are the RC keys! they worked for me try one!:razz:

Then my mom came in the room, and started to yell at me for something negligible. I a

Hey ! It was ment to be . All down to your mom :D

No evaluation copy here:

That is odd. I went into the PlusPatch, and tried to use "Activate Online" again, and this time it worked successfully. I already removed the watermark, so I can't see whether it still says that or not. However,

qnmx7d.png

No, yours won't show up like that.

I used Resource Hacker (which also you to modify dialog boxes, menus, and String Values) inside of .exes and .dlls

So I modified the user32.dll.mui file.

You can modify it to say anything you prefer.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, yours won't show up like that.

I used Resource Hacker (which also you to modify dialog boxes, menus, and String Values) inside of .exes and .dlls

So I modified the user32.dll.mui file.

You can modify it to say anything you prefer.

Oh, I see. I thought you were saying that it shouldn't show up as "Evaluation Copy". My apologies.

Got XPmode working :)

Silly me too much alcohol I owe MS a big apology . It was a doddle when sober ;)

I had actually tried to run it using a Vista virtual machine ! Oops me bad :(

Back