Windows 7 "This computer is not running genuine Windows"

Erbavore

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Any time I go to the control panel (or open a text document,) that's what I get. Clicking on the 'Resolve' link doesn't do much good, as it just takes me Link Removed - Invalid URL. I'm running the RC (or 7100) build of the operating system. Is there any way I can actually resolve this?

That's what happens with the newer builds.

It can be resolve by using Orbit's Plus Patch for Windows 7. Legal????

Microsoft knows damn well that many people are downloading the newer builds, in fact in this forum alone it's now basically geared to wards the newer builds. You know Microsoft is monitoring all Windows 7 forums.

I've tried it. It claimed the patch was successful, but after restarting my computer, nothing changed. :cries:

Do a search for a key lots of keys will work with whatever version of 32x or 64x win7 .

Also do a search for a windows key changer and good luck :)

google that is for the keys and key changer just incase you have any probs :)

One last thought did you run the software you tried to use as administrator ?

That's what happens with the newer builds.

It can be resolve by using Orbit's Plus Patch for Windows 7. Legal????

Microsoft knows damn well that many people are downloading the newer builds, in fact in this forum alone it's now basically geared to wards the newer builds. You know Microsoft is monitoring all Windows 7 forums.

I am lead to believe the patch by Orbit is legal . Not sure how or why though ? Now having read further not sure period !

Last edited:
You should be able to change your key in the system menu in the control panel.
To get there directly, hit start, type system, and hit enter.

It's near the bottom.

At the bottom, I see Link Removed due to 404 Error. I think something's missing.

The thing that lets me change keys? Or, a key itself, maybe?

I think a key changer might be handy now do a torrent search for a key changer

Oh yes and some keys for whatever version you are running

I think a key changer might be handy

Yeah, I'm aware.

now do a torrent search for a key changer

I've looked, but I couldn't find one. I've only managed to located Windows 7 Activators, which I already have tried.

Oh yes and some keys for whatever version you are running

There are no keys on the internet specific to Windows 7, as far as I know. Only Beta keys. I have those, but I can't apply them. That's the problem.

Yeah, I'm aware.

I've looked, but I couldn't find one. I've only managed to located Windows 7 Activators, which I already have tried.

There are no keys on the internet specific to Windows 7, as far as I know. Only Beta keys. I have those, but I can't apply them. That's the problem.

Give me a short while I will give you help but cannot be specific as it would be against forum rules :)

Try this its fully legal :)

1. Click on start and type command (cmd) with run as administrator option or check how to open elevated command prompt
2. Now type following command
“slmgr.vbs -ipk <insert your new product key here>”
3. To activate windows after changing the key, run “slmgr.vbs -ato”

Last edited:
Give me a short while I will give you help but cannot be specific as it would be against forum rules :)

Yay. ^_^ If it makes anything less rule-breaking, you could send me a private message, but I don't think that really bypasses things.

Yay. ^_^ If it makes anything less rule-breaking, you could send me a private message, but I don't think that really bypasses things.

If you have any problems following my instuctions try this .. Google for : windows 7 activation and good luck :)

Sorry for the delay.

When running Orbit's patch, you must first choose install in the genuine activation key, then select (C) to activate on line.

This will take a long time where is simply seems to do noting. but it's actually running the vb script to modify system file,

You should have no problems that way.

As for legality of anything related to the plus patch or Microsoft, at this point I could care less.:)

As whoosh stated, you must run as Administartor

Sorry for the delay.

When running Orbit's patch, you must first choose install in the genuine activation key, then select (C) to activate on line.

This will take a long time where is simply seems to do noting. but it's actually running the vb script to modify system file,

You should have no problems that way.

As for legality of anything related to the plus patch or Microsoft, at this point I could care less.:)

As whoosh stated, you must run as Administartor

I have no idea why, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I've tried several different versions of Orbit's activator, and nothing is having any effect. At the bottom right of my screen, underneath the rest of the watermark, a line reads "This copy of Windows is not genuine." Also, Link Removed due to 404 Error just popped up. I need help. =[

I have no idea why, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I've tried several different versions of Orbit's activator, and nothing is having any effect. At the bottom right of my screen, underneath the rest of the watermark, a line reads \"This copy of Windows is not genuine.\" Also, this just popped up. I need help. =[

did you try my option ?

1. Click on start and type command (cmd) with run as administrator option or check how to open elevated command prompt
“slmgr.vbs -ipk <insert your new product key here>â€Â￾
3. To activate windows after changing the key, run “slmgr.vbs -atoâ€Â￾

All you need is a good MS key so many you are spoilt for choice :)

did you try my option ?

“slmgr.vbs -ipk <insert your new product key here>â€Â￾
3. To activate windows after changing the key, run “slmgr.vbs -atoâ€Â￾

All you need is a good MS key so many you are spoilt for choice :)

Link Removed due to 404 Error

So sorry :( It is hard to get the heads up when you are starting out on the long rd to windows . Stick with it you will get there :)
Hope you can find a easier answer on here or on google but that for now is the best I know to help you .
wishing you all the best and happy windows :)

When you try whoosh's solution, use the CD .. command to backup to the higherlevel directory. type cd .. and hit Enter again so you are at the C: prompt.

Now try running the script again. You should see some type of message stated Successful or activated, rather that just bringing you back to the users directory with no message.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back