Tips for getting help on the Support Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
To help out those who would help you please include as much detail about the problem as you can. State which os your using, 32bit 0r 64 and either basic,home or ultimate. Include your system spec as well as any changes you may have made recently.
This will allow the answer to be found much more quickly...:cool:

blank blue screen display

i am using vista home 32bit hp pavillon.b4 that hapen i try to remove anti virus but it said that i remove it already but still there...i remove it again follows that the system restart and the blue screen w/out display comes....until now i try pressing f8 and select safemode,only "windows configure" txt i found out.earlier while i booting,screen display "windows\system32\kernel is missing.dont know if that the exact txt.can u help me

thats on my mind and i try that using recovery disk (hp).before i do that and no problem and no question.i dont know what happen now...did not open recovery system window.how can i format in that situation.after loading files...and the blank blue screen appears and that's it.

thats on my mind and i try that using recovery disk (hp).before i do that and no problem and no question.i dont know what happen now...did not open recovery system window.how can i format in that situation.after loading files...and the blank blue screen appears and that's it.

File: WINDOWS\System32\ntoskrnl.exe
Info:Windows failed to load beacause the kernel is missing, or curropt

Please do not use the "Contact Us" button because your computer is broken

On a surprising number of occasions, we have had people using the Contact Us button because they are having a problem with their computer. This is not what contacting us is for. Contact Us is for reporting a problem with the website itself such as a registration problem, reporting spam, or proposing a link exchange to a similar computer related website.

It never ceases to amaze me that time and time again someone is using this button because they are having a problem with their computer, when the entire website is a forum where you can post your problem. Does it make sense to try and get a few people who administer this site to try and answer you, when you can have your question read by potentially tens of thousands of people?

Please think about what you are doing the next time you are using this button, since there is now a zero tolerance policy if it is abused.

It has occurred to me that some people may not have the knowledge of how to use a forum website or care to take the time to carefully communicate their problem on a keyboard. For those who do not have the patience:

How to contact Microsoft if you cannot get an answer to your problem:

Visit Microsoft Help and Support

Contact Microsoft

Please excuse the intrusion, can you tell me how to post a question? I can't see any links to do this. :redface:
Thanks

Hi Sioux,
just ask the question like you've done above but please include as much detail as possible.

Here are a few things you may want to check before taking 15 or 20 minutes to type out your problem and describe it and list the hardware you are running and describe the type of install you have done.. you may find specific information, and even fix the problem much quicker if you check these places:

(Hopefully other contributors will add to this list.. these are just some of the diagnostic tools that I can think of right now.)

Don't include the quotes.

1. Click Start and type and enter "ev" and it will run the Event Viewer. Look under Custom at the Administrative logs. Problems with initializing drivers are logged here at startup.

2. Click Start and type "Device Manager" and look for any driver errors.. usually a yellow triangle.

3. Click Start and type "perfmon /report" and press enter... it takes 60 seconds to gather a comprehensive diagnostic report and then it presents resolutions.

4. Click Start and type "Find" and you'll have a menu of about a dozen "Find and Fix" utilities. ..even more if you type "trouble" and go to the troubleshooting menu.

5. If you upgraded fro Vista, click Start and type and enter "Msconfig" and under "startup" uncheck everything... the upgrade could have carried over a ton of programs that start automatically and two tons of malware.

Appended this from my blogs:

Problem: Windows shuts down, has trouble booting under Win 7 but was ok under Vista/XP.
Solution: If I could solve even a few of the problems that cause Windows to crash I would
be wealthy and famous... but there are a few likely suspects:
1. Your power supply is inadequate... you may have added more hard drives or a power hungry
graphics card and when you install Windows 7 your PS couldn't cope. If you suspect this problem,
unplug anything you can do without that is taking power, ie, backup hard drives, extra cooling fans,
many cpu fans have speed selectors that can be set to low, USB devices etc. reboot and test.
2. Your bios needs new firmware
3. Your cmos has something misconfigured for Win 7. Look through your cmos menu for something
incorrect in the memory or perhaps it has floppy drive selected and you have no floppy disk. Google
resetting your cmos to factory default and try that.

If you find your problem you can use the search feature above, with key words.. like "USB" or whatever error message you found and maybe find a solution immediately.

I have included the solutions that have been found to many common (and some not so common) problems in my blogs. You can search the blogs above here too.

Finally, if someone here does help you resolve your problem... come back and let everyone know the solution you found so we don't have to keep "reinventing the wheel" ...and thank those who helped... you can also give them some reputation points.

Good luck.

Last edited:
NICE!!!!!!!!,

I tried giving you a rep, but it statedYou must spread some repotation around.

Happens a lot

I changed my post.

Senility creeping up.

Paypal..........
RoflLg.gif

Good advice Tblount. But maybe No.5 could do with some amplification. This is tantamount to advising Newbies, (Sorry, I always go for the lowest common denominator), to turn off their Antivirus and Graphics??

Good advice Tblount. But maybe No.5 could do with some amplification. This is tantamount to advising Newbies, (Sorry, I always go for the lowest common denominator), to turn off their Antivirus and Graphics??
How do you turn off graphics? I know about the switch on my monitor.. but I can't fix my typing mistakes when I do that.
haha

Actually I didn't want to get into a lot of possible solutions even though I did mention Msconfig.

It probaby varies from computer to computer and Garphics card to graphics card. But on my laptop., the Graphics card driver is loaded on start up. If I untick it, I am presented with a Generic screen. Certainly, if I untick the Antivirus, I have none.

Some good stuff here... I made it a sticky so hopefully the natives will take notice..

My W-7 has crashed 19 times since I upgraded on 10-23-09, I have been looking for a solution, & maybe I have found it. I went to the Performance Monitor & ran a check it shows this report.

close.gif

Win32_PnPEntity.DeviceID="ROOT\\LEGACY_JSWPSLWF\\0000"
Property Value ConfigManagerErrorCode
flag.gif

error.gif

Device is not present, not working properly, or does not have all of its drivers installed.
A device has a configuration problem that prevents it from working properly.
The device, JumpStart Wireless Filter Driver, is reporting "tv_ConfigMgrErr24". This device will not be available until the issue is resolved. The Plug and Play ID for this device is ROOT\LEGACY_JSWPSLWF\0000.
1. Verify the correct driver is installed.
2. Try updating the drivers using Windows Update.
3. Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver.
4. Attempt to uninstall and then reinstall the device using Device Manager.
Explanation of Error Codes Generated by Device Manager
Manage Devices in Windows

Device is not present, not working properly, or does not have all of its drivers installed. ConfigManagerUserConfig 0 Description JumpStart Wireless Filter Driver Name JumpStart Wireless Filter Driver Service jswpslwf Status ErrorCan you give me any help in resolving this issue ? I have tried everything Windows suggests in their solutions to my problems reports.

It's better to Start a new thread rather than posting where a problem has been resolved.

this will put you post and the top of the list for all members to see .

If you have upgraded from Vista, I would start over and perform a "clean" install.

These are the type of conflicts that happen when upgrading and you have way too many of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back