Windows 7 Too Many Problems

Cosmocat

It was bad enough that my fingerprint reader wouldn't work with Windows 7, but when my HP printer software wouldn't install and my Creative webcam wouldn't work, that was the last straw. I'm not going to fool with Windows 7 until they get their act together. I thought it would be more similar to Vista than it is, only with some of the bugs worked out, but it's even more finicky. I'm really disappointed because otherwise I liked it.

Though I agree those problems are frustrating, you have to remember those are the risks you take when you test BETA and RC software... ;) Hopefully by the RTM or Retail those problems are fixed for you so you can enjoy Windows 7 for the great OS that it is.. :)

Though I agree those problems are frustrating, you have to remember those are the risks you take when you test BETA and RC software... ;) Hopefully by the RTM or Retail those problems are fixed for you so you can enjoy Windows 7 for the great OS that it is.. :)

Got to agree it cannot always be smooth sailing while testing software . Had my first problems this way to but now got them sorted out . Windows 7 is well on the way to being a real powerhouse OS .
Way better then any previous version of windows . Went back to Vista to sort out a few problems and noticed the distict lack of snap you get with win7 . With win7 there is a crisp feel to it and when all is well opening mutiple programs does not seem to deter from that snappy feel .
Yes I have really got to say hard to use another OS after 7 .

Agreed, as I stated in my earlier post tou yourproblem:

It's not Microsoft's fault. The manufacturers need to write updated drivers for these devices.

Remember, this is only the RC version, it's not the final product.

I'm sure these "driver writers" are scrambling as fast as they can.

Agreed, as I stated in my earlier post tou yourproblem:

Quick update have re-installed windows 7100 as so far its the only way I have to still download torrents due to problems with other build . Sure it will all be sorted out further down the line :)
Realise you can expect problems with builds but first time I have had torrent problems with any of the previous builds .
Ah well good to be back and chatting with all you good folks on this forum :D

It was bad enough that my fingerprint reader wouldn't work with Windows 7, but when my HP printer software wouldn't install and my Creative webcam wouldn't work, that was the last straw. I'm not going to fool with Windows 7 until they get their act together. I thought it would be more similar to Vista than it is, only with some of the bugs worked out, but it's even more finicky. I'm really disappointed because otherwise I liked it.

These all sound like 'driver' issues; have you tried using 'Vista' drivers in Win7? This can often work. Certainly worth a try.

Hey whoosh,

Certainly glad to have you back:)

And yoiu can take down your pirate logo:D

TY :) Yes already the pirates have sailed away but it sure was fun for a time . Just a strange issue with latest leaked build- had to re-install 7100 due to torrent software issues ? Had uTorrent on puter and almost instantly BSOD . SAme with Bit Torrent so for now on good ( ol ) 7100 :D

I had trouble getting my HP1020 installed. Of course, it wasn't a snap under Vista either. I did get my HP1020 running fine under Windows7. Some people should run betas. High on that list would be those who think all the bugs would be worked out.

Just wait for Windows7 SP1.

I had trouble getting my HP1020 installed. Of course, it wasn't a snap under Vista either. I did get my HP1020 running fine under Windows7. Some people should run betas. High on that list would be those who think all the bugs would be worked out.

Just wait for Windows7 SP1.

Lol :D You are quite right to suggest all the bugs will not be worked out first time Windows7 goes on sale. It has always been so follow up packs to address issues arrive down the line .
Yet to have an OS that is as good as win7 even b4 issue of service packs etc suggest this is going to be the best MS have ever produced to date .

Lol You are quite right to suggest all the bugs will not be worked out first time Windows7 goes on sale. It has always been so follow up packs to address issues arrive down the line .
Yet to have an OS that is as good as win7 even b4 issue of service packs etc suggest this is going to be the best MS have ever produced to date .

Glad your back Whoosh! ;)

I agree with your above statement 100%.. :) Windows 7 is definitely an exception when it comes to waiting for SP1 to be released.. I firmly believe that with 7 there will be no waiting for SP1 before it's a "good" OS as it is clearly an excellent OS right now.. At the RC stages! ;)

If a few people are having problems with printers, webcams, etc that certainly doesn't make it a bad OS.. As i've said multiple times, that's the risk you take when testing BETA and RC software.. :) It pays to take the time to do some research on your hardware BEFORE installing an unfinished product.. If these people don't want to take the time to do that then I'm sorry but I for one can't feel the least bit sorry for them when they post on forums like this one saying how bad an of an OS Windows 7 is..

All in all there are far more satisfied people then disatisfied at this point in Windows 7's life, and it's only going to get better..

Thanks Radenight

Just a few more words on Windows 7 . Once you get into it it is very hard to feel happy with older OS . The snappy bit is so true . The speed and elegance is refreshing to my mind . People drone on about not having this and not having that ie : classic start menue . Not good enough for expert use cannot do this and cannot do that to many complaints to mention .
It is a new system if folk want various looks along the way there will be fixes . If you want win7 to look like XP bet someone will find a way . Or look like Vista with classic start menue .
Someone out there will strive for weeks to get what you want .
I am happy with win7 just the way it is :D

Few problems.......but

While I have not had any more problems than expected and acceptable for a beta, then RC, and Windows 7 is DEFINITELY a huge improvement over the instability and disorganization of Vista through SP1 anyway, and well ahead of where XP was at this stage of development; Windows 7 still looks and "feels" entirely too much like the Vista train wreck. I think Microsoft is more obsessed with making someone not want Mac than with making something that someone wants over a Mac. (Not an effective strategy) While Microsoft has been on a serious downward spiral in user friendliness and efficient use of resources (both user ergonomic resources and hardware resources) for the last few OS releases, and Seven promises to reverse that trend, it doesn't go far enough to make the recent wrongs right again. I will probably migrate to Windows 7 as a primary OS over the next few years, but unless the retail version hatches MUCH better than the RC, I will not be standing in line overnight for the first copy to hit the streets.

Back