Windows 7 Transferring/ swapping files via VPN connection causing BSOD

HP Deskjet

Transferring/ swapping files from NAS causing BSOD

A strange bug, but, every time I connect to my brothers computer in Scotland using a VPN connection [I live in The Netherlands] I am getting a blue screen of death [BSOD] which is preceeded by a crash of explorer.exe. I've tried transferring several times now and every time the entire system crashes. To ensure its not being caused by any other programme I've been running the VPN connection with no other programmes open or running. In Vista Home Premium I never experienced this problem when transferring/ swapping files over a VPN network on my system.

When the VPN connection is disconnected Windows 7 runs fine, no problems in fact. This problem is making transferring or uploading from NAS impossible for me in Windows 7.

Has anyone else experienced this problem when transferring files from NAS in Windows 7 beta?

Last edited:
Can you please give VPN traces

Can you please give VPN traces for this issue .
Steps to get traces .

1 . Open a command prompt window
2 . In the command prompt type 'netsh ras set tr * en'
3 . Repeat the use case of VPN connection and file transfer
4 . In the next reboot , open a command prompt window again
5 . In the command prompt type 'netsh ras set tr * di'
6 . Zip the 'tracing' folder ar '%windir%\tracing' , if your OS is in C drive then it will be at C:\windows\tracing and send it to me . You can e-mail me the traces at [email protected]

Can you tell us which NAS you are connecting to? It works for me from Win7 client to Win7 NAS.

Also can you tell the name of the file that causes the BSOD, you need to look at the BSOD to get that info.

Back
Top Bottom