Windows 7 Trouble copying .mkv from DVD

Donkey Punch

Hi,
Tried copying a .mkv file from a DVD, written to it by a mate. The file is around 4.5GB and gets to about 30s left to complete the copy to my Desktop before I get an error message with the heading Copy File stating 'Can't read from the source file or disk.' with options to either Try Again or Cancel. Try Again makes it have another little think before popping up with the same answer, as you might imagine.
Have tried updating relevant drivers with no luck. Anyone got any solutions/had this problem before? Any help is massively appreciated.
Cheers

Your disk was burned to almost full capacity. This can cause problems sometimes. It sounds like a problem with the disk and not the file. Try to do "copy disk" with a DVD burner and see if succeeds. If it does, then try to copy it to your computer from the new disk.

You can also try a program that I use a lot called Any Reader. AnyReader. CD data recovery. DVD data recovery. Blu-Ray (BD) data recovery. Copy corrupted files from any damaged medium. Data copy error - cyclic redundancy check (CRC) Which is a great program that can read from scratched and problematic disks. They have a free trial.

Back