Windows 7 Trying to delete folder, keep getting error message

Tlbunn

I'm trying to delete a corrupted folder - I was copying a data folder when my computer crashed, and now that folder is corrupted. I am trying to delete the folder (and start over) but it won't let me, it keeps giving me an error message "0x80070570" tells me the file is corrupted and won't let me delete it.
Thanks
Thomas

There are many ways. Try a little program called MoveOnBoot Link Removed - Invalid URL witch has a folder option as well as a file option.

You can read and try here:
You cannot delete a file or a folder on an NTFS file system volume

You can also try to just take ownership on the folder and then try again (but if it's a corruption issue, this might not work)
Windows 7 Take Ownership & Grant Permissions to Access Files & Folder

I'm a little in a hurry so I'll leave it for now with the above but if you need anymore assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck!

try unlocker, google it, it works nice for me

Last edited by a moderator:
youadmins, why did you edit my post???
you completely changed my idea, and unlocker can handle corrupted files by removing the files when computer restart, why did you change MY post?

I'm sorry about that. It was my mistake. I restored your original post.

My reply to your post was:
Unlocker and Wholockme are good but usually don't work on corrupt files and folders. But it can't help to try. They are both free.

About corrupt files, if the FILE is corrupt, then yes, it should help. But if it is a FILENAME corruption (allocation corruption) then it won't help. Like I said, he should try it.

I would agree with zvit. But whoo knows, computers and software sometimes surprise.
But, undoubtably, unlocker is not intended for such a problem.

If it's a corrupted name, there are ways to fix that too so let us know what the problem is.

I don't think any of these suggestions were in one of the links, but I may have missed it.

Do you know what created the folder?

Can you open the folder and delete individual files?

Safe mode or the Administrative command prompt hasn't worked? Possibly booting to a recovery CD or install DVD (or from boot using F8) and using the Command Prompt from there.

Have you tried moving or even copying the folder to another location?

Have you tried Shift+Del to bypass the recycle bin?

Have you tried right clicking the folder and selecting "restore previous"?

Have you tried restoring your system back before the problematic crash?

I will assume you already have the best information for the delete problem from the error message. But Event Viewer has logs, on in the Windows Logs-Security, which is supposed to track failed delete attempts of secure resources. This seems to be a corruption problem, so it may not show up there, but you might check to see if any additional information is available

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom