Windows 7 Trying to rename network connection? Impossible?

aiwnjoo

Hi guys,

Just installed W7 Home Basic today and not had a problem so far but i have a little annoyance that i hope i can fix.

Please see the attachment image where you see in ipconfig it says Wireless Network Connection 2, but in Network & Sharing Center it clearly says Wireless Network Connection.

At first i tried going through registry and finding anything that said Wireless Network Connection 2, and changed it to just Wireless Network Connection which seems to of partly worked as its now displayed right in the Network & Sharing Center but the actual network adapter when using ipconfig still shows 2, can i fix this?

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• W7wtf.png
    W7wtf.png
    61 KB · Views: 1,145
Have you tried opening the Network sharing center, then clicking on Change adapter settings on the left and modifying there?

I do not have a wireless on a Win 7 computer, so I cannot check.

i can only rename my router name BtHomeHub(BlaBla) to anything i want but the actual connection i can't find anywhere...

It does the same as what it did on XP, if you create a connection and then a new one it renames it to Connection 2 and so on but on XP you could rename...

fix it guys, deleted a registry key relating to the connection name, uninstalled and reinstalled the adaptor.

Back
Top Bottom