Two OS installed But loads only one (Windows 7 loads instead of kubuntu)

vickyyar

Hy. I have pre installation of windows 7 on my C: drive than i installed windows Xp. than there was a conflict that windows xp loaded automatically but it was recovered by using recovery tool but when i used easybcd it didn't detect my windows xp on D: drive. but it's ok than i installed Kubuntu 11.04 but it is not showing even at the startup of boot and windows 7 automatically loads. I than again used easybcd but all in vein. Please reply as soon as possible!!!!!

Hy. I have pre installation of windows 7 on my C: drive than i installed windows Xp. than there was a conflict that windows xp loaded automatically but it was recovered by using recovery tool but when i used easybcd it didn't detect my windows xp on D: drive. but it's ok than i installed Kubuntu 11.04 but it is not showing even at the startup of boot and windows 7 automatically loads. I than again used easybcd but all in vein. Please reply as soon as possible!!!!!
Which bootloader is running? Windows 7, Xp, or Grub? If you are using grub, you can edit it to chain load the other boot loaders. Windows Xp needs a boot.ini file, but Windows 7 doesn't. Lots of variables there.

If you haven't got to much data involved and time invested, I'd restore the Windows 7 installation from the recovery partition or disks. Then I'd set up Virtual Box or VMware player and load the other OS's into there. That way you can switch from one OS to the other without rebooting, and avoid all your multiboot headaches.

LB

You could edit the Linux bootloader but it is a quite involved process and I think you will find it easiest to re-einstall the Linux making sure that you take up the options during the install for the Windows partitions to be recognised and incorporated into the Linux startup.

Back