Windows 7 UCA.. "Access Denied"

rickory

Extraordinary Member
I can deal with granting permission to proceed but not with being totally deniedl!!
Is there not a setting where the Admin. can not be DENIED access to anything I click on.
Warn me, ask permission but do not deny!!
Has anyone...anyone!! figured out how to get around all this UAC BS without turning it off???:mad:

There are to achieve that, but it would mean changing your account to a "Power" administrator account. The one you are using by default is only a local, or Lan, Administrator, unlike what you were more used to in XP.But the UAC is not , in itself, any form of virus or attack repeller. It is merely a warning that such an event may be trying to take place. In view of the ease with which it can be bypassed, it is not of a great deal of value when "misused"(?).
To find ways to turn off the denial message would, therefore, render it totally impotent, so it then, might as well be disabled.
The majority of hackers in the world, always regard MS as a prime target. For this reason, speaking personally, on first installation I usually turn off any Microsoft defenses that exist. This would include items like the Security service and windows defender. I make sure I have good third party anti virus and spyware control.
This is a controversial subject, as you would realise if you browse on the web. Practise is better than pundit oration, and the fact is that I have rarely experienced any serious attack, either with Vista or any legacy OS's

I have to agree with davehc and the first thing I do is turn of Defender,UAC ect...
As is pointed out though I make sure I have good third party protection as a rule..

I have McAffe security center v8.1, virus scan 12.1,and personal firewall 9.1. All protection is enabled except the firewall, I use the Windows firewall. I am up to date with all Windows and McAffe updates. Defender is disabled.
I run Defender once a week along with mrt.exe and and the McAffe virus and cleaner scans. I defrag. with AusLogic and also use Vista cleaner.
I assume from your replies that I should use the McAffe firewall,disable the Win.firewall, keep Defender disabled, disable the UCA. Run my routine as stated weekly.
Is this a effective config. and routine?:confused:

Yup that looks fine although for what it's worth it may be an idea to keep the windows firewall running (belt and braces as they say).

Thanks to everyone for the inputs and your valued advice.
This is a great forum. Others I see on the net can really get out of control and tense.:D

Glad you like it and much thanks for the praise.. Almost all that post here respect one another and carry on in a mature manner...:)

Back
Top Bottom