Windows 10 Uefi multiboot has boot manager on every drive

IanHHH

I have installed windows 10 on three different drives and windows 11 on one drive. To install windows on each I had to remove the other drives from the PC. However this has created a bootloader on each drive and my system is now totally confused. I select the drive on sata port one as the main drive but each time I try to boot the system it tries to repair it. If I go into bios and select the drive to boot from it goes into a boot manager list of efi partitions and drive labels. I tried using EasyBCD for each drive always selecting the first boot device as the same drive (sata port 1) but this has not helped. Can I delete the boot managers on the other three drives, if so how do I do this? Hopefully I can get out of this mess. Thanks

It sounds like you have a confusing boot process due to the multiple boot managers installed on different drives. To fix this issue, you can follow these steps:

1. Disconnect all drives except for the one you want to boot from.
2. Boot into Windows from the remaining drive.
3. Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
4. Type "diskpart" and press enter.
5. Type "list disk" and press enter to see the list of drives on your system.
6. Select the drive you want to modify by typing "select disk n" (replace "n" with the disk number).
7. Type "list partition" and press enter to see the partitions on the selected drive.
8. Select the partition you want to delete by typing "select partition n" (replace "n" with the partition number).
9. Type "delete partition override" to remove the partition.
10. Repeat steps 6-9 for each partition you want to remove.
11. Exit diskpart by typing "exit".

Repeat these steps for each drive that you want to remove the boot manager from. Once you have removed all the unwanted boot managers, reconnect all the drives and ensure that the first boot device is set to the drive you want to boot from in the BIOS. This should fix your booting issue and only show the bootloader for the selected drive on startup.

ChatGpt. You said "
1. Disconnect all drives except for the one you want to boot from.
2. Boot into Windows from the remaining drive.
3. Open Command Prompt as an administrator.

But you do not say when to attach the other drives. When should I attach the other drives?

This is what it looks like:
volumesPNG.PNG
Disks.PNG

I sorted this by blocking all bootloaders in bios so that only one of the disks had a bootloader operating. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom