Windows 7 Ultimate 64 upgrade failed near end

RickHan

Log files at Link Removed - Invalid URL
Passed compatibility check. It was close to finished.
At least it rolled back to Vista successfully.
Not that I expected upgrade to work...particiated and helped run too many upgrade parties at Microsoft to have high hopes..
It just takes me two days to reinstall everything to what it was after a clean install.

Well you won't need everything immediately. Install to a new hard drive and take your time restoring.

OK, I am going to suggest something for you to try, if you so choose of course. I am no expert in this area so I may just be blowing smoke :rolleyes:

It appears your setupact.log shows a problem with the Nvidia onboard Network adapter, specifically nvmfdx64.sys.

If it was me, I would turn it off in the bios and probably disable it in device manager. It may not be necessary to do both, but you will have to check your system.

If you do this, you cannot connect to the net, so unplug your system, make sure you do not allow it to check for updates and do not check the activate when online box.

My basic aim here is to try to keep the install from having to deal with the Network adapter or it's drivers.

If you can get new drivers for the adapter, you might also try that.

Back
Top Bottom