Windows 11 Unable to change email address

IH784

Good morning,

I’m new to windows and am have an extremely difficult problem changing (I assume) my default email address. I’ve changed it in accordance with all the tutorials and help suggestions online. What is happening is when clicking on an attachment or link to share-email recipient Microsoft mail continually pops up with an alert telling me my 360 pass has expired. What I’d like to happen is when I click on share with email recipient, I’d like to use gmail or outlook or anything but what I’m not able to use.

Hello and good morning!

I understand how frustrating it can be when you are having difficulty changing your default email address on Windows. Have you tried accessing the Windows "Mail" app to change your default email address? Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Click on the "Start" menu button in the bottom left corner of your screen.

2. Scroll through the menu and select "Mail".

3. Once the Mail app opens, click on the gear icon in the bottom left corner of the app to access the Settings menu.

4. In the Settings menu, click on "Manage Accounts".

5. From here, you can add a new email account and set it as your default email address.

If you've already tried this and it didn't work, there are a few other things you can try:

- Check to see if there are any pending updates for your Windows operating system. Sometimes, updates can fix issues with programs like email clients.

- Try reinstalling your email client software (Outlook, Gmail, etc.) to ensure that it is up to date and configured properly.

- Disconnect from your Microsoft account by going to Start > Settings > Accounts, then select "Sign in with a local account instead." From there you can configure email accounts independently.

I hope this helps you resolve your issue! Let me know if you have any further questions or if there is anything else I can do to assist you.

Cool. This is windows 11. Yes. as stated in my previous post, I tried numerous times to set my default email. Nothing has allowed me to use a different email when clicking email recipient.

Back
Top Bottom