Windows 7 Unable to follow windows support guide

Xander

Hi, I face a problem described exactly by this article

A computer that is running Windows 7 does not start after you force the computer to shut down

I have followed their solution suggestion; starting the computer by using a Windows PE disc. Now the following step is to "start the computer in normal mode".

My problem is, that when I boot from this disc, some cmd "X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe -startnet.cmd" appears writing the following:

X:\windows\system32\wpeinit
X:\windows\system32>

So, how do I start the computer in normal mode from here?
Thanks a lot for your help,
Xander

btw. I cannot access safe mode or anything when not booting from the disc.

It sounds like they just want the system to boot, then restart and boot normally without the WinPE disk...

I have not done this procedure, so cannot verify how it works.

yea, the problem is that I cannot restart from the cmd.
If I enter 'exit' it just goes back to boot menu and then black screen if I don't boot from the WinPE disk.

yea, the problem is that I cannot restart from the cmd.
I do not understand this comment. You cannot take the WinPE DVD out then hit reset on your system and reboot, hopefully back into Windows?

I do not understand this comment. You cannot take the WinPE DVD out then hit reset on your system and reboot, hopefully back into Windows?

Is there a proper way to hit reset? Typing 'exit' in the cmd or holding down the power button does not solve the problem and it does not recognize the 'shutdown' commands.

As long as you have rebooted your system without the DVD, you have done what they suggest. The guide is for a 32 bit Windows 7 system, so I assume you are running that.

But you problem is the system will not complete the boot, but stops at a black screen?

Do you have a recovery CD or Windows 7 install DVD you could boot to and try a startup repair?

Yes, 32 bit is is. And yes, what you describe is exactly what happens. But unfortunately no, the computer came with Windows 7 installed, so I don't have any CD's.

I guess I will have to have a professional to look at it, but thanks a lot for your suggestions.

You can download and burn a .iso file of the Windows 7 install DVD and try that...

Link Removed - Not Found

Back